Summer Sun & Summer FUN!
Besides focusing on what's happening as our house is built, these past few weeks have been both busy and FUN! We spent July 4th and 5th at my father-in-law's gorgeous lakehouse and watched fireworks on the water. We also swam a lot and the girls rode their bikes before we left on the 5th to come home.










Last week we spent a day at Geauga Lake with our friends and had a great time. Unfortunately Jaden and Sienna threw a fit when I suggested we go in the lazy river and said they wanted to go home. I called their bluff, packed up and left immediately. They'd been having quite a few fits over a 2-3 day period and I'd had enough :-( I was sad that I didn't get to take a ride around the lazy river! Maybe next time though!
On Friday my brother Seth came to town and along with my Grandma Lulu and Uncle Todd, he came to our house for a visit. Jaden and Sienna had a BLAST wrestling and playing with him on the floor. He is so great with his nieces and I am so thankful that they have him to get silly with. After a few hours of playing together, I put on Sesame Street and asked Seth to watch it with the girls while I packed my bags to go out of town. I headed into my room and when I came out I saw Jaden had put on her PJs (at 4 in the afternoon) and snuggled right up with her Uncle.

I don't know why I didn't think to take a picture, but Sienna had passed out on the loveseat nearby. So much for letting her skip her nap that day :)
Over last weekend Scott and I headed to St. Mary's, Ohio to celebrate the wedding of my friend and sorority sister from college, Katie. She married Mike, who she met when she moved to Atlanta after graduation. They had a very sweet ceremony and a crazy fun reception. We danced, had fun in a photo booth and enjoyed visiting with college friends who we don't get to see very often. Thanks for a good time Katie!!


This week I have been learning what it would be like to have 5 children ages 4 and under. Let me tell you, if you know anyone who really does have 5 kids under 4, then you need to give them a HUGE hug, make them dinner, bake them a cake and give them free babysitting. Ha! We have had a very busy week even though we've rarely left the house and I feel like we've not gotten much done. I'm caring for not only my two kids, but also three friends' kids while their babysitter is on vacation. Whew--it's been a whirlwind!
A few times this week we filled the baby pool and put out the sprinkler for the girls to play. Sienna and her friend Savanna (age 2) have had a great time in the pool. Reagan (about 8 months) is such a "chill" baby and my girls have enjoyed playing with her on the floor. Jaden has been a little mommy to her and Sienna has been my special helper always assisting me during diaper changing :) Claire, who just turned 1, has also been here, but I don't think I have any photos of her from this week. She's easy-peasy too just like the others and has enjoyed playing with Sienna and Jaden's doll house each day.
Even though the three extra girls I'm watching have been very well behaved and easy overall, there is still a lot of work associated with having 5 kids around for about 10 hours a day! I have to make sure they're fed, that diapers are changed and that everyone is safe and happy. Not to mention I've been catching up on laundry this week from all of our weekend travels and today I got the fabulous idea to clean the whole house--ha ha ha...we'll see if I ever get done :)






(doesn't Sienna just have the cutest button nose? I had to take her photo with the sunglasses on because I swear that nose is the most adorable one I've ever seen!)


Then while all of the little ones napped Jaden, Sienna and I built a tent in the kitchen which kept them entertained for a few hours. Anything to keep everyone content when there are 5 kiddos in the house!!


Well, the vacuum is calling my name again :) I'm only about 30% done with my cleaning and I have a feeling that not much will get done once everyone starts waking up from their naps! We have a fun weekend planned starting tonight so I'll be sure to blog about it Monday or Tuesday. I hope all of you have a great weekend too!










Last week we spent a day at Geauga Lake with our friends and had a great time. Unfortunately Jaden and Sienna threw a fit when I suggested we go in the lazy river and said they wanted to go home. I called their bluff, packed up and left immediately. They'd been having quite a few fits over a 2-3 day period and I'd had enough :-( I was sad that I didn't get to take a ride around the lazy river! Maybe next time though!On Friday my brother Seth came to town and along with my Grandma Lulu and Uncle Todd, he came to our house for a visit. Jaden and Sienna had a BLAST wrestling and playing with him on the floor. He is so great with his nieces and I am so thankful that they have him to get silly with. After a few hours of playing together, I put on Sesame Street and asked Seth to watch it with the girls while I packed my bags to go out of town. I headed into my room and when I came out I saw Jaden had put on her PJs (at 4 in the afternoon) and snuggled right up with her Uncle.

I don't know why I didn't think to take a picture, but Sienna had passed out on the loveseat nearby. So much for letting her skip her nap that day :)Over last weekend Scott and I headed to St. Mary's, Ohio to celebrate the wedding of my friend and sorority sister from college, Katie. She married Mike, who she met when she moved to Atlanta after graduation. They had a very sweet ceremony and a crazy fun reception. We danced, had fun in a photo booth and enjoyed visiting with college friends who we don't get to see very often. Thanks for a good time Katie!!


This week I have been learning what it would be like to have 5 children ages 4 and under. Let me tell you, if you know anyone who really does have 5 kids under 4, then you need to give them a HUGE hug, make them dinner, bake them a cake and give them free babysitting. Ha! We have had a very busy week even though we've rarely left the house and I feel like we've not gotten much done. I'm caring for not only my two kids, but also three friends' kids while their babysitter is on vacation. Whew--it's been a whirlwind!A few times this week we filled the baby pool and put out the sprinkler for the girls to play. Sienna and her friend Savanna (age 2) have had a great time in the pool. Reagan (about 8 months) is such a "chill" baby and my girls have enjoyed playing with her on the floor. Jaden has been a little mommy to her and Sienna has been my special helper always assisting me during diaper changing :) Claire, who just turned 1, has also been here, but I don't think I have any photos of her from this week. She's easy-peasy too just like the others and has enjoyed playing with Sienna and Jaden's doll house each day.
Even though the three extra girls I'm watching have been very well behaved and easy overall, there is still a lot of work associated with having 5 kids around for about 10 hours a day! I have to make sure they're fed, that diapers are changed and that everyone is safe and happy. Not to mention I've been catching up on laundry this week from all of our weekend travels and today I got the fabulous idea to clean the whole house--ha ha ha...we'll see if I ever get done :)






(doesn't Sienna just have the cutest button nose? I had to take her photo with the sunglasses on because I swear that nose is the most adorable one I've ever seen!)Yesterday we had a chick-fil-a picnic on our deck and as I was cleaning up Jaden decided to turn her playhouse into a school and "teach" a couple of the younger girls. She read them a story about Thomas the train which was so kind of her. Jaden is growing up so much and I'm seeing more and more maturity from her. She is such a joy to everyone around her!


Then while all of the little ones napped Jaden, Sienna and I built a tent in the kitchen which kept them entertained for a few hours. Anything to keep everyone content when there are 5 kiddos in the house!!

Well, the vacuum is calling my name again :) I'm only about 30% done with my cleaning and I have a feeling that not much will get done once everyone starts waking up from their naps! We have a fun weekend planned starting tonight so I'll be sure to blog about it Monday or Tuesday. I hope all of you have a great weekend too!


Comments
I LOVE the hydrangea's in your yard. It's on of my favorite flowers. I have a bush in my front yard and I love how it gets bigger every year.
Have a great weekend!