Weekend in Columbus & Happy Birthday Mom!

This past weekend we went down to Columbus for Scott's fraternity reunion and while we were there we got to spend a few hours at Easton as well as celebrate my mom's birthday. Since today is her actual birthday, I thought today would be a great day to post the photos from our weekend :) Happy Birthday MOM!!!

On Saturday I met my friend Lindsey for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and my Aunt Elaine tagged along, as did Jaden and Sienna. There are several fountains at Easton and while I urged the girls to run through them, they decided they didn't want to get wet. They did enjoy watching the frog (a person in an awesome waterproof costume!) play with the kids in the water though!


We also couldn't leave the shopping center before they got a good look at the trains. They stood there watching for about 20 minutes. What can I say?--my girls just love trains!!

After our trip to Easton it was time for Scott and I to head downtown for his fraternity reunion, so my mom took Jaden and Sienna to the splash pad in her town where they had a great time getting wet. I'm sure they went to bed easily that night after a fun-filled day!

Sunday morning my mom took the girls to church while Scott and I slept in and then got brunch. Since it's very rare that we get to actually sleep in, it was quite a treat!

During the afternoon Sunday I helped my mom prepare for a picnic she was having while Jaden snuggled with Scott on the couch watching cartoons and my brother snuggled with Sienna so that she would take a nap. I couldn't help but sneak upstairs to snap a photo of how cute they looked!

My sister Mandy and I were the kitchen helpers making everything from macaroni salad to baked potatoes. My mom had enough food at her picnic for a small army; I should've photographed the spread!

At 4pm the picnic started and about 40-50 neighbors and friends gathered at my mom's house for old-fashioned games (think drop the clothespin in the bottle, etc) and the delicious food we'd helped her to prepare. My mom is so fun with the kids and got right in the circle of girls hula hooping!

You'd never guess she's my mom, eh? She's in great shape and acts and feels young!

Everyone told me that Jaden and Sienna were the best dressed girls at the party. I'm partial, of course, but I certainly thought they looked beautiful! They let me snap a few photos of them on my mom's foyer bench...

As the picnic wrapped up it was time to give my mom her birthday gifts before we packed up for the 2-hour drive home. Nothing would make present opening more complete than some tickle time with Uncle Seth!


My mom is going to Europe in about 6 weeks so we got her a cute shirt for the trip as well as two boxes of mini-sized toiletries to take on her vacation. She loved her birthday gifts, but even more loved the company of her two favorite grand daughters all weekend!

Happy Birthday to my amazing Mom! Jaden and Sienna wish their Grammy Pammy the happiest of days today!!

Comments

Popular Posts