Weight Loss Wednesday!
I'm so excited to finally bring you all "Weight Loss Wednesday" as promised in my new year's resolutions :) After a rocky start due to my recent gastro-intestinal testing and diagnosis, I am officially on track to look like these beauties on the beach this summer:



JOKING!!! I don't think it's possible for my body type to ever look this lean!! But I sure am working hard to make some changes to my bod (and on a side note, I am LOVING the skirt-type bottom in the first photo--a must have for me if I do get down to my goal weight!!).
At some point I may reveal my current and starting weight, but I'm a little too nervous tonight. But without further ado, here goes my "WLW" report!



JOKING!!! I don't think it's possible for my body type to ever look this lean!! But I sure am working hard to make some changes to my bod (and on a side note, I am LOVING the skirt-type bottom in the first photo--a must have for me if I do get down to my goal weight!!).
At some point I may reveal my current and starting weight, but I'm a little too nervous tonight. But without further ado, here goes my "WLW" report!
Weight Loss This Week: 2 lbs! During my weigh-in this morning I was pleasantly surprised :)
Total Weight Loss So Far: 9 lbs since the fall (I went up and down over the holidays, but according to Weight Watchers I am down 9 lbs. total since I signed up in September! This said however, I was FATTER than ever in September and weighed more than I ever have other than during pregnancy--YUCK!!)
Diet Plan: Following Weight Watchers and loving it; this is by far the best diet plan for me because some days I just have to have chocolate or some kettle chips!! On Weight Watchers I track points and each day am allowed 23 points, plus 35 "extra" points per week that I can divide up however I wish.
Exercise Plan: Doing cardio 5x per week & began lifting today which I will be doing 3x per week. For cardio the machines I love (in order of how much I love them) are: bike, arc trainer, eliptical, treadmill. My mood, how many calories I want to burn and how much time I have together determine which piece of equipment I use on a given day, but I'm trying to mix it up as much as possible!
New Weight Loss Knowledge to Share: I recently learned about how important lifting is to one's overall diet and exercise plan. I knew that I should be lifting weights, but I had no idea that building and maintaining muscle is the foundation of success in any plan. I learned that if you follow a cardio plan and a strict diet, but then "fall off the wagon" then all of your weight will come back. But if you build muscle over the course of a year or so, then if you fall into a time or situation where you cannot work out as much, the muscle you've built will help you to burn calories during the time you cannot work out as much or whatnot. Do you follow me? So what I've been advised to do is to try to build 6-8lbs of muscle in the next year or so by lifting 3-4 times per week. The perk of this: for every pound of muscle I put on, my body will be able to burn 50 more calories per day! Woohoo--so in one year from now if I stick to this plan I should be burning 300-400 more calories per day than I am now, just from having a body with more lean muscle mass. Knowing that makes it all worthwhile :)
New Diet Knowledge to Share: None this week!
Recipes to Share: This isn't really a "recipe" per se, but one of my favorite lunches to have once a week is a Weight Watchers friendly tuna melt--toasted diet bread topped with 1 can of chunk light tuna in water (drained) topped with 1/4 cup of cheese which I melt in the oven's broiler. This is only 5 WW points and is SO much more food than any other 5 point meal!! (side note though--I'm trying to figure out if cheese is a trigger for my colitis so this might not be a favorite meal for long!! Any suggestions for what to put on top if I have to give up cheese?) I don't mix my tuna with anything, but you could use fat free mayo or relish to make your tuna more tasty :)
Favorite {Diet} Food Finds:
{Only 4 points on weight watchers!!}
{Only 2 Weight Watchers points and SO filling, plus great protein for after a workout}

Total Weight Loss So Far: 9 lbs since the fall (I went up and down over the holidays, but according to Weight Watchers I am down 9 lbs. total since I signed up in September! This said however, I was FATTER than ever in September and weighed more than I ever have other than during pregnancy--YUCK!!)
Diet Plan: Following Weight Watchers and loving it; this is by far the best diet plan for me because some days I just have to have chocolate or some kettle chips!! On Weight Watchers I track points and each day am allowed 23 points, plus 35 "extra" points per week that I can divide up however I wish.
Exercise Plan: Doing cardio 5x per week & began lifting today which I will be doing 3x per week. For cardio the machines I love (in order of how much I love them) are: bike, arc trainer, eliptical, treadmill. My mood, how many calories I want to burn and how much time I have together determine which piece of equipment I use on a given day, but I'm trying to mix it up as much as possible!
New Weight Loss Knowledge to Share: I recently learned about how important lifting is to one's overall diet and exercise plan. I knew that I should be lifting weights, but I had no idea that building and maintaining muscle is the foundation of success in any plan. I learned that if you follow a cardio plan and a strict diet, but then "fall off the wagon" then all of your weight will come back. But if you build muscle over the course of a year or so, then if you fall into a time or situation where you cannot work out as much, the muscle you've built will help you to burn calories during the time you cannot work out as much or whatnot. Do you follow me? So what I've been advised to do is to try to build 6-8lbs of muscle in the next year or so by lifting 3-4 times per week. The perk of this: for every pound of muscle I put on, my body will be able to burn 50 more calories per day! Woohoo--so in one year from now if I stick to this plan I should be burning 300-400 more calories per day than I am now, just from having a body with more lean muscle mass. Knowing that makes it all worthwhile :)
New Diet Knowledge to Share: None this week!
Recipes to Share: This isn't really a "recipe" per se, but one of my favorite lunches to have once a week is a Weight Watchers friendly tuna melt--toasted diet bread topped with 1 can of chunk light tuna in water (drained) topped with 1/4 cup of cheese which I melt in the oven's broiler. This is only 5 WW points and is SO much more food than any other 5 point meal!! (side note though--I'm trying to figure out if cheese is a trigger for my colitis so this might not be a favorite meal for long!! Any suggestions for what to put on top if I have to give up cheese?) I don't mix my tuna with anything, but you could use fat free mayo or relish to make your tuna more tasty :)
Favorite {Diet} Food Finds:
{Only 4 points on weight watchers!!}
{Only 2 Weight Watchers points and SO filling, plus great protein for after a workout}
{16 crackers for 120 calories--woohoo!}
Goals This Week: To write down everything that I eat; To eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day; To lift 3x this week; To lose 1 lb.
Overall Goals: To hit the gym 5x per week; To lose 25 more lbs; To lose an average of 1lb. per week!
That's all for today folks! Your suggestions are always welcome so if you know about any good foods for dieting (besides fruits and veggies--I for SURE know about those! ha!), good exercise tips, and especially anything about lifting weights since this is an area I'm fairly new to.
Goals This Week: To write down everything that I eat; To eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day; To lift 3x this week; To lose 1 lb.
Overall Goals: To hit the gym 5x per week; To lose 25 more lbs; To lose an average of 1lb. per week!
That's all for today folks! Your suggestions are always welcome so if you know about any good foods for dieting (besides fruits and veggies--I for SURE know about those! ha!), good exercise tips, and especially anything about lifting weights since this is an area I'm fairly new to.


Comments
Have you checked out Dottys Weight Loss Zone? It is the most amazing website for weight watchers! It has all restaurants with points listed for all the items on the menu. It also has some great recipes that I have tried that are really good!
www.dwlz.com