Show Us Your Life--Style Tips
Today over at kellyskornerblog.com is the weekly "show us your life" day and everyone is talking about style tips!!
Now I'm the last person you should get any style advice from, at least that's what I think. However I do get compliments on what I wear often so I thought I would share a little about my personal style :)
Every season of the year I can be found about 50% of the time in t-shirts. Usually if I'm wearing a t-shirt it's because I'm going to a sporting event, working out, cleaning my house or getting dirty with my kids (as in outside or doing messy crafts or something). Since all of these activities combined make up about half of my life, I can often be found in a simple t-shirt! I've learned that I can even make a staple item like this that everyone has look cute...
Now I'm the last person you should get any style advice from, at least that's what I think. However I do get compliments on what I wear often so I thought I would share a little about my personal style :)
Every season of the year I can be found about 50% of the time in t-shirts. Usually if I'm wearing a t-shirt it's because I'm going to a sporting event, working out, cleaning my house or getting dirty with my kids (as in outside or doing messy crafts or something). Since all of these activities combined make up about half of my life, I can often be found in a simple t-shirt! I've learned that I can even make a staple item like this that everyone has look cute...
When I first had Jaden, I thought I'd spend the rest of my life in t-shirts feeling yucky and sloppy. But, I quickly realized that puffy vests and sweaters in the winter are pretty safe even for moms of young children. They are fantastic ways to be trendier and feel comfortable while hiding the "baby bulge" hehe!
I am really into the "ruffles" trend that is going on right now and can't get enough ruffles--on shirts, dresses, sweaters, etc. When I'm not wearing a simple sweater or t-shirt, I can be found wearing cute, thin sweaters or tissue-thin tees with a camisole underneath...
I often change the look of a sweater or shirt by adding a scarf so that I don't look like I'm always wearing the same things...
And dresses for every season are my favorite way to feel feminine and a little more dressed up. Plus, I've learned that a dress can cover up just about anything when I'm not feeling so thin :)
Finally, a style staple of mine regardless of what I'm wearing are big earrings. The ones I'm wearing below are probably my biggest pair, worn intentionally when I picked up the friend I'm with in the photo because she got me hooked on big, colorful earrings in college. I learned while I was selling Premier Designs jewelry a few years back that wearing big accessories can make you look thinner, so I'm all about jumping on that band wagon!!
From the extra chin there in that photo I guess I'm not looking so thin despite the big jewelry, but we'll blame that on the camera angle! ha!Overall I dress pretty classic so that I can wear things for several years and add trendy pieces like accessories here and there. I'm not opposed to buying trendy shirts and stuff too, but I try to stick with a classic look overall because I hate having to get rid of things that go out of style! I'm trying to be more trendy when I go out with my friends (like when I wore the boots over my jeans during girls weekend--see below!) and I'll always be more comfortably-dressed when I'm taking care of my children throughout the week.
That's my style for you! Head on over to Kelly's Korner (www.kellyskornerblog.com) for some even better style tips!


Comments