Dressing Up

This weekend was another fun one for the Vitts :) We spent Friday night in with Scott enjoying the X-games and I reading a book (more about that this week!). Saturday morning we cleaned some things around the house that REALLY needed cleaning like our bedroom ceiling fan and our wood blinds which were FULL of dust!! Then we got all dressed up and headed out to my friend Melissa's wedding to her now husband, Carmen.

Melissa and Carmen's reception was held at the same venue as ours was 4 years ago. It is an amazing place--The Cleveland Powerhouse--which overlooks the city. The Powerhouse is an especially meaningful place for us because Scott's dad (my father-in-law) actually bought it in the 70s when it was a real working powerhouse, gutted it and cleaned it out (major project!), then got it ready for commercial use. Thanks to his hard work over 30 years ago, the beautiful reception venue "Windows on the River" exists today!

The powerhouse from outside:


I love any chance to dress up, although I have to say that getting myself into a little black dress when it was SO COLD yesterday was tough! I would've much preferred some black yoga pants and a sweatshirt, but once I warmed up inside the reception the fun times began. Scott and I clean up pretty well if I say so myself...

The bride, Melissa, and I both grew up in Columbus suburbs, but didn't meet until she pledged my sorority at Ohio University. We became especially close when we lost three close friends in a house fire in April, 2003 because she and I started a foundation in their honor and planned a benefit dinner with silent auction for the foundation. We did that while we were still in college; what a huge undertaking it was!!

Anyway, here are Melissa and her husband Carmen...

She had such a gorgeous wedding gown and it even had POCKETS!! You couldn't tell looking at her, but she could hold anything and everything she could possibly need in the pockets. Wish I'd had such a luxury on MY wedding day!!

A big highlight of the night was reuniting with some of my sorority sisters who I was close with in college and still talk to a lot now. Four of these girls live in Atlanta so it's tough to see them much, but thanks to weddings and baby showers we are able to get together at least once a year!

Melissa and Carmen chose to have a theme at their reception of "lucky in love" and let me tell you, it made the party awesome. Not only could you dance if you chose to, but you could "pretend" gamble!! Each person's place card was attached to a $100 chip...

And from that $100 you could play games like craps (which I learned how to play and LOVED!). Pretty soon into playing I thought I was going to "run out of money" but was assured by the dealer that if I did go through my first $100 he would give me some more. It was like playing monopoly because you knew you couldn't really lose any money by placing bets. I took it seriously (as I do all games!) though and kept my chips under strict supervision at the craps table. I took the first $100 they gave me and made $1300 more by the end of the night! I've never been into a casino or seen Las Vegas or anything, so this was my first "gambling" experience--and since I knew I couldn't lose any money I loved it!!


I had so much fun playing the games that I totally forgot about eating wedding cake, which was a good thing since I'd eaten too much during the dinner :) Overall it was such a fun night and if anyone reading this is getting married soon, I highly recommend having games of some kind for your guests because it rocked!! What a fun party--Thank you Melissa and Carmen!

Today we had a great family day including lunch out and a trip to Lowes, which my girls call "The tractor store" because when we go there we always let them "ride" the tractors if they are well-behaved--ha! Tonight Jaden did her absolute favorite thing...played dress up. I couldn't resist sharing these photos of her all dolled up in her Ariel mermaid costume, complete with multiple head bands, crowns, hats, wigs, etc...it was quite a hysterical sight to see!


She is quite the little diva when it comes to dress up! I love my girly girls :)

We have a big week coming up including some appointments during which I'll (hopefully) find out what is going on in my gut... Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts