Happy New Year!

Yesterday we had a fun and busy day celebrating the very final hours and moments of 2009. I invited some of our close friends and their children from the area over for a party I called "New Years at Noon." The two and a half hours during which the party took place went by SO FAST and it was SO CHAOTIC!! I guess that's how it goes with kids :) I think that everyone had a good time and that's what matters.

All of the families who came brought something for lunch and after everyone ate I passed out party hats and noisemakers that you blow into to the children. Then we all stood in a circle and counted down from 10 to 1...

As we ended the countdown I pulled a string and these balloons all came floating down while the children all cheered and blew their little horns. It was so cute!

Jaden had a great time at her NYE party while Sienna was pretty tired and a little cranky during it. We've been working on potty training hard core this week and I think it's tired out our little girl quite a bit!

My nephews were at the shindig and needless to say, little Parker loved his noisemaker!

After everyone left I cleaned up and then got ready for a night out with my hubby. Scott and I first stopped at our friends Aaron & Rachel's house for a while where we enjoyed appetizers and Chocovine (Chocolate red wine--you've gotta try it!!). Then we headed to Scott's cousin's home to bring in the new year. We had a great time there because Scott's cousins live across the street from our friends from church, Todd and Hilary, and they were at the party too. It was so nice to know a few people at the party and we talk, talk, talked until 2009 was over, then toasted with champagne as 2010 arrived!


Today we've been cheering Big 10 teams onto victory, especially the Ohio State BUCKEYES! A whole lotta "Go Bucks, beat them Ducks" have been said around here today!

This weekend I'm hoping to share my New Years Resolutions as well as spend some time with my mom on Sunday as Scott and my brother head to the last Browns game of the season. Happy New Year everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts