Phrases and Conversations
These days, my little girls are full of fun things to talk about. They want to converse with me all day long and just when I think it would be nice to be quiet for a moment, they capture my attention with something cute, something so smart that I can't believe it's coming from their mouth, or sometimes something shocking. Over this past weekend, here are a few phrases and conversations I heard that I don't ever want to forget:
**warning, these might not seem as entertaining to you, but to me as their mama, they are priceless!
From the mouth of Sienna:
"Gueff what! Gueff what mama! Gueff what!"
"Mommy, 'ill you help me put da gwasses onnnn? My eyes awre cold."
From the mouth of Jaden:
J (as we're getting on the turnpike): "Mommy, go down the lane that is purple, my FAVORITE color!!"
Me: "I can't Jaden; that lane is only for people who have special devices in their car to pay their tolls. I have to go down the lane where I pull a ticket"
J: "A ticket?!?!?!! Like a ticket for me to go to the Browns game?!?!?!!"
Me: (chuckling) "Well, not exactly that kind of ticket. A ticket for my toll."
J: "Ohh, well I have to be 21 before I'm allowed to go to a Browns game anyway"
I'm honestly not quite sure where she got that from; perhaps my hubs told her that since the games do get a little rowdy for little ones!!
J (as we're walking into The Winking Lizard for dinner): "Mommy, we're going to get po'corn, okay?"
Me: "Sure, that's fine"
J: "We're going to get two bowls for me and Sienna and you're not going to touch them to eat our po'corn."
Me: "Well if I'm carrying the bowls to our table, then don't you think I can eat a little of your popcorn?"
J: "We'll have to get three bowls then!"
Me: "Well Jaden, I only have two hands to carry the bowls so I will only be able to carry two bowls"
J: "Then you will carry two bowls and I will carry one of the bowls so that we can have three"
Perhaps you're wondering about what exactly is so entertaining here, but this is the most thoughtful and innovative I've ever seen Jaden. Usually if I would say something like that I couldn't carry more than two bowls, she'd stop bargaining there and just let me have a little of her popcorn. But this time she sharpened up and figured out how to get three bowls of popcorn to our table...smart lil cookie I tell ya!
P.S. As it turned out, the lizard and cups overfilled with milk was entertaining enough for the girls and zero bowls of popcorn came to our table--thank goodness since I didn't need the extra calories!!
**warning, these might not seem as entertaining to you, but to me as their mama, they are priceless!
From the mouth of Sienna:
"Gueff what! Gueff what mama! Gueff what!"
"Mommy, 'ill you help me put da gwasses onnnn? My eyes awre cold."
From the mouth of Jaden:
J (as we're getting on the turnpike): "Mommy, go down the lane that is purple, my FAVORITE color!!"
Me: "I can't Jaden; that lane is only for people who have special devices in their car to pay their tolls. I have to go down the lane where I pull a ticket"
J: "A ticket?!?!?!! Like a ticket for me to go to the Browns game?!?!?!!"
Me: (chuckling) "Well, not exactly that kind of ticket. A ticket for my toll."
J: "Ohh, well I have to be 21 before I'm allowed to go to a Browns game anyway"
I'm honestly not quite sure where she got that from; perhaps my hubs told her that since the games do get a little rowdy for little ones!!
J (as we're walking into The Winking Lizard for dinner): "Mommy, we're going to get po'corn, okay?"
Me: "Sure, that's fine"
J: "We're going to get two bowls for me and Sienna and you're not going to touch them to eat our po'corn."
Me: "Well if I'm carrying the bowls to our table, then don't you think I can eat a little of your popcorn?"
J: "We'll have to get three bowls then!"
Me: "Well Jaden, I only have two hands to carry the bowls so I will only be able to carry two bowls"
J: "Then you will carry two bowls and I will carry one of the bowls so that we can have three"
Perhaps you're wondering about what exactly is so entertaining here, but this is the most thoughtful and innovative I've ever seen Jaden. Usually if I would say something like that I couldn't carry more than two bowls, she'd stop bargaining there and just let me have a little of her popcorn. But this time she sharpened up and figured out how to get three bowls of popcorn to our table...smart lil cookie I tell ya!
P.S. As it turned out, the lizard and cups overfilled with milk was entertaining enough for the girls and zero bowls of popcorn came to our table--thank goodness since I didn't need the extra calories!!


Comments