Our Christmas Decor'

Decorating for Christmas this year was a two-part process. Scott brought up the tree and ornaments around the 1st of December (although the ornaments didn't get hung until the 4th because of his surprise birthday party!). We also hung the stockings and put out some of our decorations on shelves during part 1. Then about a week later I pulled out part 2: things we hang on the walls, some of our more fragile items and the wreaths for our windows outdoors. I wish I had more of a "decorative touch" with my holiday decorating because I feel like all I do is place things on shelves and take down family photographs to put up holiday pictures and hanging decorations. In the new house next Christmas I'm planning to do a snowman themed room, a santa themed room, a gingerbread themed room, etc. We'll see if doing that helps me to feel better about my decorating skills!!

So here are some of the many decorations that have been around our house this month. I'm sorry I didn't get these photos up sooner!

Our tree: It's an artificial pre-lit tree that is beautiful. It's eclectic with ornaments from Scott's and my childhoods, plus ornaments we buy for Jaden and Sienna each year and ornaments we've received as gifts over the years. In the new house we're going to get a second tree so that we can have our eclectic tree with these ornaments as well as a more themed tree that I'll do up in a fancier style!

We have these two little snowmen that I got at a Hallmark after Christmas sale a few years ago--you'll see by the following photos that I LOVE snowmen!

Our stockings and the beautiful antique window pane that was painted with snowman which my mom gave to us: We usually put live garland around the fireplace so that we hide the stocking hooks, but this year I didn't take the time to buy some. I was just too busy doing other holiday things!!

Shelves above the TV...can you guess which decoration here is my absolute favorite?!?:

Nativity set on the little bar in our kitchen overlooking the family room and dining area:

Jaden and Sienna's Nativity set which we keep on the coffee table for them to play with:

Decorations hung throughout the house (I told you I LOVE snowmen!!!):




In Sienna's and Jaden's rooms we put out things they've made and other little decorations, usually those that are plus and not breakable! Sienna made this train with the "Elves" at Lake Farm Park this year:

Jaden has this plush tree from Hallmark filled with kid-friendly ornaments. Some day I'd like to make her a tree to match her room, but for now this tree has been awesome because I don't have to worry about anything breaking!:

The kids' bathroom is done up in angels which my grandma Lulu gave to me:



My mom is crazy about an artist named P. Buckley Moss and when Scott and I got married, she gave us a complete set of Moss' 12 days of Christmas ornaments. So each year I clear these shelves leading into our bedroom and put up my 12 days of Christmas!:


Finally, here is a close-up shot of our outdoor decorations. We also have two tall evergreen trees lit up in front and wreaths on our large front windows that match the one on our door:


I'll be sad to take the decorations down after this week because it's a lot of work to get them all up, but I'll be relieved to have a little space back since the tree and all of the stuff tends to make me feel cluttered by January!

We're heading to visit some of my family today--an annual tradition to see my dad's family and my stepdad's family who all live near one another the weekend after Christmas. I'm sure I'll have some photos to post tonight or tomorrow of our day trip! Have a happy Sunday everyone!

Comments

Sherrie said…
Beautiful decor!
You've got the touch! You seem to love decorating for Christmas as much as I do... you should come to my house next year and we could have a blast together! Then I'll fly down to see yours in person too!

Popular Posts