Christmas Cards
Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I was going to try to share all of our Christmas decorations with you today {finally!} but I'm having more computer issues. I cannot upload anymore photos onto my computer because I've filled the computer's entire memory with photographs.
I bought this cardholder from Pottery Barn when I was single and living in an apartment and I'm pretty sure they still carry it. I took this photo five days ago and since then, we've received even more beautiful cards and photographs!! The holder has space for 80 cards and we always run out of spaces by Christmas day. I have always then saved the cards for a year in our Christmas decorations and admired them the following year as we're pulling out our Christmas decor'. This year though, I am going to copy Kelly from kellyskornerblog.com and keep the cards in a photo album. Great idea Kelly--I can't wait to look back a few years from now at this year's cards! Why didn't I think of that?!?!?!
Not only do we receive quite a few cards each year, but we also send many. This year we sent over 125 cards. It is costly to send so many, but something that I would do anything to not give up because I want all of our friends and family to feel as special as I do when they open their mailboxes and find Christmas cards inside :)
Here is what our card looks like this year:


I'm sorry the photos are a little dark. I uploaded them straight from my camera so I didn't use my editing software to touch them up at all...
As the back of the card advertises, I made these at snapfish.com. I looked at many card websites before choosing this one and picked it because it was able to hold so many photos and also because I got a huge discount on the cards which was awesome since we sent so many!
Well, it's about time for me to go and check the mailbox one last time for Christmas cards and then get ready for our Christmas Eve festivities--church followed by dinner at my husband's uncle's house. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve everyone!
OOPS!
Guess I'm going to need to cut down on the number of photos I'm taking :) Actually, we're going to just get another external hard drive and go from there. So don't worry, I won't stop snapping photos!
So instead, today I'm going to share one of my favorite things to receive at Christmas--CARDS! Every afternoon in December I rush outside to check the mailbox and I am filled with joy when I find cards in my mail. I love receiving photos and updates from friends and family. Whether I see the people a lot or a little, it is so fun to receive their card.
Once I've read and admired each card I receive for awhile, I find a space on this tree-shaped card holder to hang the card:
So instead, today I'm going to share one of my favorite things to receive at Christmas--CARDS! Every afternoon in December I rush outside to check the mailbox and I am filled with joy when I find cards in my mail. I love receiving photos and updates from friends and family. Whether I see the people a lot or a little, it is so fun to receive their card.
Once I've read and admired each card I receive for awhile, I find a space on this tree-shaped card holder to hang the card:
I bought this cardholder from Pottery Barn when I was single and living in an apartment and I'm pretty sure they still carry it. I took this photo five days ago and since then, we've received even more beautiful cards and photographs!! The holder has space for 80 cards and we always run out of spaces by Christmas day. I have always then saved the cards for a year in our Christmas decorations and admired them the following year as we're pulling out our Christmas decor'. This year though, I am going to copy Kelly from kellyskornerblog.com and keep the cards in a photo album. Great idea Kelly--I can't wait to look back a few years from now at this year's cards! Why didn't I think of that?!?!?!Not only do we receive quite a few cards each year, but we also send many. This year we sent over 125 cards. It is costly to send so many, but something that I would do anything to not give up because I want all of our friends and family to feel as special as I do when they open their mailboxes and find Christmas cards inside :)
Here is what our card looks like this year:


I'm sorry the photos are a little dark. I uploaded them straight from my camera so I didn't use my editing software to touch them up at all...As the back of the card advertises, I made these at snapfish.com. I looked at many card websites before choosing this one and picked it because it was able to hold so many photos and also because I got a huge discount on the cards which was awesome since we sent so many!
Well, it's about time for me to go and check the mailbox one last time for Christmas cards and then get ready for our Christmas Eve festivities--church followed by dinner at my husband's uncle's house. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve everyone!


Comments