Meet Jack, the Elf
It is long overdue that I introduce you all to Jack, our Elf on the Shelf. Jack, as Jaden named him (since I think our dog Jack was nearby and it was the only name she could think of...ha!), comes to our home on the first of December and watches over the children, heading back to the North Pole every evening to report to Santa whether they've been good or bad.
Each day Jack brings a Christmas or winter-themed book and if Jaden and Sienna are good all day, they are allowed to open it before bed. The books are all ones we've been collecting via gifts and purchasing ourselves over the past 4 years. But Jack the elf wraps them and whispers in my ear each evening whether the girls may open them or not.*
*Yes, there has been an occasion or two that Elf Jack says they must wait until the following day to open due to behavior issues!
Each morning when Jack arrives back from the North Pole, he chooses a new place to sit and watch over the kids. He has been in both of their bedrooms, our bedroom, the living room shelves, on the Christmas tree, and in other various locations including on top of our beautiful Snowman windowpane hung in the living room...
On Saturday when we ventured to Columbus, Jack magically appeared at my mom's house before we got there.** Jaden was so excited to see him there!
**Jack actually hitched a ride with us, and I took him immediately inside before we even unloaded the kids or our bags--smart mama! ha!
Unfortunately, as we left Columbus yesterday our little Elf friend was left behind. Major OOPS! Even as I turned around 10 minutes away from my mom's house to return her cell phone which had been left in my car, I did not think of little Jack. Darn it! So today, a package will be "arriving" on our front porch with the remaining books and a note from Jack's boss, Santa himself, explaining to Jaden and Sienna that Jack has fallen ill and won't be able to report to his Vitt household duties for the rest of the year.
Yeah, I'm a creative thinker like that.
(Just one more side note...my mom did offer to send Jack via next day delivery to us, but she just had back surgery and there was no way I was going to ask her to find a ride to the post office just a day after surgery to do this good deed!!)
See ya next December Jack!
Each day Jack brings a Christmas or winter-themed book and if Jaden and Sienna are good all day, they are allowed to open it before bed. The books are all ones we've been collecting via gifts and purchasing ourselves over the past 4 years. But Jack the elf wraps them and whispers in my ear each evening whether the girls may open them or not.*
*Yes, there has been an occasion or two that Elf Jack says they must wait until the following day to open due to behavior issues!
Each morning when Jack arrives back from the North Pole, he chooses a new place to sit and watch over the kids. He has been in both of their bedrooms, our bedroom, the living room shelves, on the Christmas tree, and in other various locations including on top of our beautiful Snowman windowpane hung in the living room...
On Saturday when we ventured to Columbus, Jack magically appeared at my mom's house before we got there.** Jaden was so excited to see him there!**Jack actually hitched a ride with us, and I took him immediately inside before we even unloaded the kids or our bags--smart mama! ha!
Unfortunately, as we left Columbus yesterday our little Elf friend was left behind. Major OOPS! Even as I turned around 10 minutes away from my mom's house to return her cell phone which had been left in my car, I did not think of little Jack. Darn it! So today, a package will be "arriving" on our front porch with the remaining books and a note from Jack's boss, Santa himself, explaining to Jaden and Sienna that Jack has fallen ill and won't be able to report to his Vitt household duties for the rest of the year.
Yeah, I'm a creative thinker like that.
(Just one more side note...my mom did offer to send Jack via next day delivery to us, but she just had back surgery and there was no way I was going to ask her to find a ride to the post office just a day after surgery to do this good deed!!)
See ya next December Jack!


Comments