Mittens
A few weeks ago we received a note in Jaden's school backpack requesting moms to help with sewing mittens for her class. While I was not able to volunteer with this (you'd understand why if you ever saw my sewing skills! ha!), I sure was excited to see the result.
The children got to design their mittens by choosing shapes and lines to place on the mittens. They arranged the fleece material however they wanted to and then the moms sewed the pieces together. Then last Monday Jaden had her holiday program at school, which had a mittens theme, and the beautiful masterpiece she designed was revealed!
Aren't they adorable!?!? She hasn't asked to wear them in the cold weather, and I have to admit I'm glad because this is something that I want to keep forever and use as a winter decoration until she's old enough to show them to her own children. What a wonderful idea it was to do this with the preschool age children. I will forever cherish them!
Also going along with the Mittens theme, the extended day students (aka kindergarten students--our school, being montessori, calls these by different terms) did a reading of the story The Mitten by Jan Brett and the children sang some beautiful songs about mittens. I took many photos and Scott videotaped the performance (since my photos include the whole class, I am not going to post them at this time so as to not upset anyone who would not want their child appearing in cyberspace). When it concluded, we all ate some delicious mitten sugar cookies that the children had baked during school that day:
We all enjoyed our time at the show and Jaden was a proud performer. Scott even noted that he could hear her voice over that of all the other children. What can I say, the girl loves to sing and perform. Not sure where she got that from...ha! :)
Even Sienna had a nice time and enjoyed getting to see Jaden sing, eating the cookies Jaden baked, and visiting Jaden's classroom. I look forward to seeing many more shows and performances at Jaden's school and to her making more beautiful projects like the mittens I cherish so much!
The children got to design their mittens by choosing shapes and lines to place on the mittens. They arranged the fleece material however they wanted to and then the moms sewed the pieces together. Then last Monday Jaden had her holiday program at school, which had a mittens theme, and the beautiful masterpiece she designed was revealed!
Aren't they adorable!?!? She hasn't asked to wear them in the cold weather, and I have to admit I'm glad because this is something that I want to keep forever and use as a winter decoration until she's old enough to show them to her own children. What a wonderful idea it was to do this with the preschool age children. I will forever cherish them!Also going along with the Mittens theme, the extended day students (aka kindergarten students--our school, being montessori, calls these by different terms) did a reading of the story The Mitten by Jan Brett and the children sang some beautiful songs about mittens. I took many photos and Scott videotaped the performance (since my photos include the whole class, I am not going to post them at this time so as to not upset anyone who would not want their child appearing in cyberspace). When it concluded, we all ate some delicious mitten sugar cookies that the children had baked during school that day:
We all enjoyed our time at the show and Jaden was a proud performer. Scott even noted that he could hear her voice over that of all the other children. What can I say, the girl loves to sing and perform. Not sure where she got that from...ha! :)
Even Sienna had a nice time and enjoyed getting to see Jaden sing, eating the cookies Jaden baked, and visiting Jaden's classroom. I look forward to seeing many more shows and performances at Jaden's school and to her making more beautiful projects like the mittens I cherish so much!


Comments