Excuses, Excuses

I think this is the longest stretch of zero posts since I started taking this blog seriously. Let me start off by saying, I'm sorry.

Let me also tell you, I have plenty of excuses for not having time to update these days.

Besides all of the extra tasks on my to-do list for the month of December, I still had my Moms Need Moms group to run...

And our December meeting not only was the most meaningful meeting of the entire year, but it also broke our attendance records which was a big reason to celebrate! Thanks to our speakers and music (those who spoke and played are with me in the photo above), we had an amazing meeting that really touched the moms' hearts. All three of these moms who I'm with have endured tough trials over the past year and have found a sense of peace in their situations. What they shared with us will forever be with me!

I also was a bit busy with getting ready for and attending the musical Wicked with my mom last Friday...

It was an amazing night out with my mom! She treated us to pedicures before we got ready for the night, and then after the awesome show we went out for appetizers / desserts. I felt really pampered that day, but it left zero time for blogging!
Also taking up some of my time recently was Jaden's school bookfair. Now this was one HUGE bookfair if I say so myself! When I was little, we had 4 or 5 shelves of books at our fair. At Jaden's school, they fill their entire gym with shelves and tables of the most interesting, award winning books I've seen. So you can imagine how much time it took to coordinate this fair (thank goodness I only coordinated a small piece of it!).

(Side note: My father-in-law built that gym for the school years ago! Isn't it beautiful? They've kept it up so nicely!)
Also taking up my time as of late has been keeping my children's hands off of our tree's ornaments. Within the first 24 hours of putting our tree up, at least two ornaments were broken, so we've had to stick to our guns that no little fingers touch the fragile ornaments on our tree...
Well, except when one daughter gets so excited over her nightgown matching an ornament I've had since my childhood!
I have so much I want to update about, so many stories to tell and so many traditions to share. I simply haven't had time, and one of the most valid excuses I can share is that my computer is running SUPER slow and just this morning we figured out the problem. So hopefully it will be fixed soon and I'll be back to blogging more frequently. In the meantime, please accept my apologies to those of you who actually follow what I write, and also please accept my, ahem, excuses.

Comments

Popular Posts