#TheTellurideProject

Im often asked if I'll ever go back to Telluride after such an accident. In short, the answer is yes. Did I feel this confident last March? No. But is it Telluride's fault this happened? Absolutely not at all.



I am, in fact, going this year. The trip is planned and my plane ticket purchased. Skiing is another topic for another time, but you can be rest assured that I won't be skiing this year!! I'm excited to go--to meet the Victim's Advocate I worked with in the District Attorney's office, to meet some residents of Telluride that have reached out to me, and most importantly to visit doctors and nurses at two of the hospitals I was in last year. My heart overflows with Joy and my eyes well up with tears at the mere thought of seeing everyone who not only took amazing care of me, but saved my life!!!


So yes, I will go to Telluride again. And yes, Scott will ski again. And yes, I'll be terrified and will pray a lot. But much of what we do in everyday life is as dangerous as skiing. So why should he not do what he loves? 


Tonight I invite you all to join me in making the accident anniversary a happy day by participating in and inviting others to do so with #TheTellurideProject. Read details below and join the facebook page at:
https://m.facebook.com/events/1625837040978297?id=1625837040978297

On February 26, 2014 Bethany's whole life changed in an instant when another skier collided into her while on the slopes of Telluride, Colorado. After surviving 9 broken bones, a debilitating stroke, 2 lacerated organs, and more, all while very far from home, Bethany's best memories were all of the practical things given to her when she could not even think of what she needed because her stroke had left her temporarily handicapped. The collaboration of photos here show how far Bethany has come in one short year:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=FNVv1krXBBw

To celebrate the 1 year anniversary since that terrible day, Bethany would love you to join in blessing others because spreading joy as a result of this tragedy is her greatest mission. As she was gifted, please give the following:
(All new, unopened)
Toiletries
Socks (especially those that have treads on them!)
Snacks
Paper
Pens / Pencils
Crossword puzzles, Sudoku books
Plain paper
Coloring books 
Crayons
Puzzles

Include a hand-written note or card, and / or a picture drawn by your own child or a child you know. During Bethany's inpatient recovery, her walls were covered with positive notes, caring cards and drawings from children. It was amazing. Help to do the same for others!!

How to donate:
Either send item(s) to
The Telluride Project 
ATTN: Vitt
7514 Silverleaf Ct
Sagamore Hills, OH 44067
By 2/20/15 for Bethany to distribute OR take your item(s) to your local nursing home or rehab facility to allow the nurses to distribute AND POST A PHOTO HERE OF YOU DOING IT. 

On 2/26/15 together let's give together! Invite friends and family to join us!!

Comments

Popular Posts