Young Love and Dance Parties

It's Friday (woohoo!) and it's February (what?!)--time to talk L-O-V-E.  I cannot believe Valentine's Day month is here.

A few days ago I mentioned Sienna going to her "boyfriend's" birthday party last Saturday.  Well I cleared it with his mom and with her permission I now present the happy "couple"...


These two met during each of their younger sisters' class at The Little Gym and I'm pretty sure they bonded over the little boy's mom's iphone--ha!  My kids, like most, flock to whomever is holding an electronic.  After the initial "which apps do you have" and "my name is..." these two were smitten. 


Now, Bristol moved up a level at the gym, so she is no longer in the class she was once in.  So in order to see one another weekly, Sienna and her main squeeze are taking a class together at the gym!  They are too funny--holding hands sometime, Sienna chasing the poor kid, and even having a rare lovers quarrel or two.  I think what I find most endearing about their special friendship is how they act like it is so normal to be so smitten! 


Sienna was very excited to be invited to last Saturday's party and as I mentioned before she even put on make-up to look extra beautiful.  She had a great time and was excited to see her "boyfriend" in class again this week.  Two cutie-patooties who have bonded--awwww!

Last night Sienna wanted to stay up later than normal and I was looking for any excuse to put off doing laundry, so we had a dance party.  A month or two ago I had looked up "Gangnam style" to see what this sort of dancing was all about and when the song came on over youtube, Sienna immediately busted a move.  So guess which song I played first for our dance party!


After Sienna's solo above to the song, I did my own.  You're either going to be really excited or really disappointed, but no there is no video evidence of MamaVitt shaking her tush to Psy!!  I assure you though, my moves were as good as my daughter's--haha. 

I long for more nights when I can throw out the rules of bedtime and make fun memories with my middle girl.  It was a fun, bonding hour, all because of a little spontaneity and a whole lot of goofiness :)

Hmm--I wonder if Sienna's one and only love would approve of her dance moves?

Have a great Friday everyone and an even better weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts