Unexpected Delight
Today we had plans to visit my sister at her new home and let the cousins play and hang out. However last night my friend called and explained she was in desperate need of someone to watch her kids because her sitter was sick. I postponed plans with my sister to help my friend out, and today turned out to be a perfect day for all of us in every way possible.
Our visitors arrived before 8:30am and headed right for the toys. I got Jaden off to school and then showed them the playroom upstairs. My friend's two girls and my younger two played so well together that I even got a few things done around the house that I'd been putting off! They "cooked" in the play kitchen, read books, set up a little people town, and even went on a pretend "adventure." They were all so sweet and really made my day as I got to watch everyone's different personalities as they interacted.
Sometimes it is fun to welcome an interruption to the regular routine and today was certainly one of those days for me! My friend was so gracious for my watching we girls, but truly, I believe the pleasure was all mine.
Cheers to a happy day and here's to what I hope to be a happy weekend :)
Our visitors arrived before 8:30am and headed right for the toys. I got Jaden off to school and then showed them the playroom upstairs. My friend's two girls and my younger two played so well together that I even got a few things done around the house that I'd been putting off! They "cooked" in the play kitchen, read books, set up a little people town, and even went on a pretend "adventure." They were all so sweet and really made my day as I got to watch everyone's different personalities as they interacted.
Sometimes it is fun to welcome an interruption to the regular routine and today was certainly one of those days for me! My friend was so gracious for my watching we girls, but truly, I believe the pleasure was all mine.
Cheers to a happy day and here's to what I hope to be a happy weekend :)



Comments