Surprise! Two little girls get a makeover...

Yesterday Jaden and Sienna each got a makeover and as a result, get to help others.  I'll let the photos tell the story and then explain a little more at the end:











For a few weeks now, Jaden has been talking about cutting a significant amount of hair off.  She is very independent now taking showers and taking care of her own hair (I still help with ponytails and braids when she asks, but I fully support her independence as well!), and she realized that her long hair was often getting difficult to brush because it was tangled.  I thought we'd maybe cut 4-5 inches off.  Then over the past few days she kept saying she wanted it up to her neck, so when my sister Kim came over to cut her hair, we measured and realized that if we did let her cut it as short as she wanted to, we could donate her hair.  Sienna wanted to be like her big sister, so the idea to cut over 9 inches off of each of their hair was born.  I explained to them that we could donate the hair to a place that makes wigs for people who don't have hair and they loved the idea.

Tomorrow I'll be sending off the four ponytails of hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths project, which accepts donations of 8 inches of hair or longer.  I'm so proud of my little girls for being willing to cut their hair even a wee bit shorter than they had requested so that they could bless others in the process!

If you recall, I shared last summer that I donated 11 1/2 inches of hair to Locks for Love (see post here).  I've donated my hair three times and hope that this is just the first of many times that Jaden and Sienna will donate theirs.  We are blessed with beautiful hair, so why not share it?

Comments

Life Happens said…
Oh, what a sweet thing for them to do! They look adorable with their new do's too!

Popular Posts