Not meant to be?

With this week being slightly more low-key than most, I had big intentions of getting all of my Disney posts up.  To do that, first I'd have to sort through the over 2,000 photos from our trip.  I decided on Saturday evening that I'd sort through the pictures from what I'd call "Day 2" which was actually our first day in a park.

Well....

I got through about half of the day's photos deleting the duplicates (as those of you with SLR cameras know, they shoot so fast that I easily take several shots of the same pose) and the ones out of focus, cropping and making slight adjustments to others.  My photo organizational software seemed to be running a bit slow and had to be restarted a few times, but I thought nothing of it.  That is, until...

Suddenly as I did another software restart, my memory "vault" (as the software calls the file that holds my over 30,000 family photos) completely DISAPPEARED.  I was baffled.  I easily had two hours left before I wanted to head to bed and was having so much fun going through the pictures.  I definitely would've gotten our Day 2 post up that night.  Well, instead of spending time going through the rest of that day's pictures, I spent two hours trying to figure out the darn external hard drive that I had all of the pictures stored on.  WHAT.A.FRUSTRATION!!

Sunday morning I troubleshooted a bit more and then gave up.  Fortunately, every single photo had been backed up before our trip to Florida and those from our vacation and afterwards were still stored on my camera's memory cards.  HALLELUJAH!  I seriously have to give praise to God that I didn't lose a single image.  I had only been backing up every 3-5 months.  That will definitely change now!

I spent a few hours yesterday retrieving all of our photos from my back-up.  Tonight I re-uploaded the Disney photos.  I'm back in business and still have plenty of time this week to get the Disney posts up!  Woohoo!  I did lose all of the work I'd done Saturday night deleting and adjusting pictures, but I'm totally okay with that.  I realized today that I also lost some family videos and some digital scrapbooking files; however the digital scrapbooking files are retrievable another way and if all I lose is 8-10 family videos I'm okay with that.  Whew, I have to again say Praise God!!!

Thanks for once again waiting oh-so-patiently on my Disney posts.  I'm as disappointed as you are, believe me, that they aren't up yet.  Just one more day :)  Then they'll start posting.  I can't help but think, am I not meant to post about our Disney vacation?!?!?

Well I can't just post tonight without some photo or video of one of my girls.  I was going to post a photo of each of the girls, but tonight after Jaden and Sienna were getting ready for bed Bristol and I had about a half hour together to play and she was doing so many new and fun things!  I was able to capture what she was doing on my iphone.  So here you go...

Lil B just started standing up on her own completely (first time she did this actually was in her crib in the hotel in Disney!).  She usually pulls herself up and then lets go of whatever she was holding onto.  Here's my sweet lil 11-month-old showing off her strong legs:


Tonight for the first time Bristol also stood on her own AND clapped!  I love when she gets so excited in this video that she knocks herself down.  Thank goodness for the cushion of a diaper :)


Then Lil B took a break.  I was cracking up over her "seat."  It's actually her baby laptop, but she turned it into a little seat to rest her toosh!


On Saturday Bristol started putting her hand up to her ear and saying "eeeeoooo" which sounds like "hello."  Tonight she showed me it with her fancy hand-me-down phone:


Such a serious phone call that one must've been!

Then she was ready for more standing up and she showed off for the camera how she gives high fives.  She literally just started doing this with me today!  She gets so excited and proud of herself.


Once I was done photographing and recording her with my phone I showed her the videos.  She LOVED watching herself.  Then she got so mad when I went to put my phone up.  Here's what she thinks of a Mommy who won't let her keep watching videos of herself over and over:


It was also bedtime at that point which was contributing to the meltdown.  Oh my funny girl.  I love her and her big sisters to pieces!!

See you all here tomorrow with DISNEY PHOTOS!!  That is, unless some other disaster takes place?  We've already had illness, root canal, two weekends out of town and a hard drive dying keep me from getting them up.  What's next?  I hope NOTHING!  Have a great evening friends :)

Comments

OMG I was getting nervous for you reading this and thinking that you lost ALL your pictures! Thank goodness for your back up!

Popular Posts