Sienna's 3rd Birthday
On September 28th, our little Sienna turned 3. I cannot believe how much time flies because I feel like she should still be my little chubby baby! Now she is growing up tall and lean, talking to us constantly throughout the day and expressing a little sass now and again.
On the morning of Sienna's birthday, we started our day with donuts. Sienna got to blow out 3 candles on hers and loved hearing the rest of us sing "Happy Birthday" to her bright and early.
Scott took Jaden to school so that Sienna and I could head out on our morning adventure. With a bag full of snacks, our rain boots and umbrellas and dressed in warm sweaters, we headed to Lake Farmpark to see all of the animals. It rained and we got our boots muddy, but we had such a nice time, just the two of us on the farm.
Our first stop was to see the cows because we were told a baby calf had just been born. When Sienna saw the size of the enormous mama cows (she's standing right in front of them in the photo below) she FREAKED OUT. She refused to go into the dairy room and I had to coax her in telling her it would be okay and none of the cows would be able to get to her or hurt her. Well the ironic part is that after admiring the baby calf for 5 or so minutes I noticed that one of the mama cows (the light brown one if you look a few photos down) was coming out of her pen and looking straight at us like she might charge at any second!!!! Apparently she'd gotten loose from her leash inside of the pen and since there was no gate or rope holding the cows into their area she could just come right out to get up close and personal! I grabbed Sienna and our bag SO FAST and ran into the hallway where I could tell some of the farm workers that a cow was on the loose. They looked at me as if I were crazy until they went into the dairy room and saw for themselves that little Miss Moo herself truly was not tied up. Whew, that was a close one!


After admiring the cows for awhile longer (once the light brown one was put back away) we ventured outside to see some of the animals that were frolicking in the rain, as well as to walk to the "Well Bred Shed" where horses, sheep, pigs, chickens and other animals are housed.
My favorite animal in the Well Bred Shed, and quite possibly of the entire day was this little piglet, about 3 months old. I enjoyed watching him drink some water and play in his muddy, straw-filled pen. His face wasn't as cute as it could've been, but I just loved his pink color and his spots.
Sienna most enjoyed the two bunnies, Zoe and Alfredo. She even asked for a photo with them which is odd for her these days--usually I'm the one begging and bribing for pictures :)
We watched and admired many horses in this barn, but Sienna was a little nervous to be so close to them. I wanted to touch their noses so badly, but since we weren't sure if it was allowed, I kept my fingers to myself. Lake Farmpark has many various horse breeds and it was interesting to see each one.
Sienna stood next to this wooden horse for a photo where as you can see she measured 10 hands.
Before we left the Well Bred Shed Sienna tried out a western saddle and an english one. She looked so cute on both, though she's not quite ready to sit on a saddle upon a horse she said.
On our way back to the main building we admired some more animals outside from large pigs to llamas, and then Sienna picked up about 10 beautiful leaves. She wanted to take them home and give them to everyone she loves, but since they were soaking wet I coaxed her into leaving the nature at the farm :) We both enjoyed keeping as dry as possible under our umbrellas even though it was drizzling outside at this point.
We had a quick snack and then I participated in milking a cow by hand while Sienna watched. She wanted NOTHING to do with getting near the big mama, but she watched intently as I sprayed milk from her. I was amazed to learn that this cow gives around 50 lbs. of milk per day...wow! What each cow gives is dependent on where she is in her cycle and how long since she's given birth.
After Lake Farmpark, Sienna and I got lunch, picked up Jaden and then met Scott at home so that we could all head to Amazone, a large indoor playground near us. There were tunnels, slides, games, little 25-cent rides and so forth. The girls had a great time while I watched. Scott mostly watched too, but got conned into getting into the tunnels a few times with them :)

Finally, we ended our day with giving Sienna her birthday gifts and having a birthday cupcake with her. We gave her a bicycle helmet, a Crayola glow station, a lego set and the one thing she actually asked for, her very own harmonica. Scott's mom, Jan came over that night and gave her a Minnie Mouse outfit to play dress-up in and her own mp3 player with microphone attached (made by Fisher Price--a very cool gift!). All in all I think Sienna had a pretty special birthday and we were excited to make her feel extra good that day.


This past weekend we had a combined birthday party for both girls so I'll be sure to share details and photos from that in the next few days :)
Happy Monday everyone!
On the morning of Sienna's birthday, we started our day with donuts. Sienna got to blow out 3 candles on hers and loved hearing the rest of us sing "Happy Birthday" to her bright and early.
Scott took Jaden to school so that Sienna and I could head out on our morning adventure. With a bag full of snacks, our rain boots and umbrellas and dressed in warm sweaters, we headed to Lake Farmpark to see all of the animals. It rained and we got our boots muddy, but we had such a nice time, just the two of us on the farm.Our first stop was to see the cows because we were told a baby calf had just been born. When Sienna saw the size of the enormous mama cows (she's standing right in front of them in the photo below) she FREAKED OUT. She refused to go into the dairy room and I had to coax her in telling her it would be okay and none of the cows would be able to get to her or hurt her. Well the ironic part is that after admiring the baby calf for 5 or so minutes I noticed that one of the mama cows (the light brown one if you look a few photos down) was coming out of her pen and looking straight at us like she might charge at any second!!!! Apparently she'd gotten loose from her leash inside of the pen and since there was no gate or rope holding the cows into their area she could just come right out to get up close and personal! I grabbed Sienna and our bag SO FAST and ran into the hallway where I could tell some of the farm workers that a cow was on the loose. They looked at me as if I were crazy until they went into the dairy room and saw for themselves that little Miss Moo herself truly was not tied up. Whew, that was a close one!


After admiring the cows for awhile longer (once the light brown one was put back away) we ventured outside to see some of the animals that were frolicking in the rain, as well as to walk to the "Well Bred Shed" where horses, sheep, pigs, chickens and other animals are housed.
My favorite animal in the Well Bred Shed, and quite possibly of the entire day was this little piglet, about 3 months old. I enjoyed watching him drink some water and play in his muddy, straw-filled pen. His face wasn't as cute as it could've been, but I just loved his pink color and his spots.
Sienna most enjoyed the two bunnies, Zoe and Alfredo. She even asked for a photo with them which is odd for her these days--usually I'm the one begging and bribing for pictures :)
We watched and admired many horses in this barn, but Sienna was a little nervous to be so close to them. I wanted to touch their noses so badly, but since we weren't sure if it was allowed, I kept my fingers to myself. Lake Farmpark has many various horse breeds and it was interesting to see each one.
Sienna stood next to this wooden horse for a photo where as you can see she measured 10 hands.
Before we left the Well Bred Shed Sienna tried out a western saddle and an english one. She looked so cute on both, though she's not quite ready to sit on a saddle upon a horse she said.
On our way back to the main building we admired some more animals outside from large pigs to llamas, and then Sienna picked up about 10 beautiful leaves. She wanted to take them home and give them to everyone she loves, but since they were soaking wet I coaxed her into leaving the nature at the farm :) We both enjoyed keeping as dry as possible under our umbrellas even though it was drizzling outside at this point.
We had a quick snack and then I participated in milking a cow by hand while Sienna watched. She wanted NOTHING to do with getting near the big mama, but she watched intently as I sprayed milk from her. I was amazed to learn that this cow gives around 50 lbs. of milk per day...wow! What each cow gives is dependent on where she is in her cycle and how long since she's given birth.
After Lake Farmpark, Sienna and I got lunch, picked up Jaden and then met Scott at home so that we could all head to Amazone, a large indoor playground near us. There were tunnels, slides, games, little 25-cent rides and so forth. The girls had a great time while I watched. Scott mostly watched too, but got conned into getting into the tunnels a few times with them :)
Finally, we ended our day with giving Sienna her birthday gifts and having a birthday cupcake with her. We gave her a bicycle helmet, a Crayola glow station, a lego set and the one thing she actually asked for, her very own harmonica. Scott's mom, Jan came over that night and gave her a Minnie Mouse outfit to play dress-up in and her own mp3 player with microphone attached (made by Fisher Price--a very cool gift!). All in all I think Sienna had a pretty special birthday and we were excited to make her feel extra good that day.

This past weekend we had a combined birthday party for both girls so I'll be sure to share details and photos from that in the next few days :)Happy Monday everyone!


Comments