House update, Christmas decorations??, Finger painting and Visiting the horse track

Last night we went for a drive to see the new house (my third time going there in a week, this might be a record!) because they started putting up more of the siding. We are using a newer type of siding called fiber cement which looks like wood, but entails virtually zero maintenance over the coming years. This photo shows the progress as of yesterday:

They should be done in two more days or so. The outside of the house is starting to look complete!

Last week the garage doors were installed. We are going to paint the parts that are now white a darker color like the taupe of our siding / windows. Also there will be hinge straps on the doors, but they haven't come in yet.

On the way home from the house we were all in shock as we passed the Brecksville city building and saw THIS:

Ummm, hello! Since when is it appropriate to have Christmas wreaths up in early OCTOBER??? I may need to write my city officials and put in a complaint. I mean, come on, we haven't even gotten through the brightest fall color (of leaves) yet and Thanksgiving is still well over a month away! I guess I can understand Christmas decor being in stores, but up on our buildings? That's too much...

Today I've been finishing a big project known as "Operation Clean the Vitt Basement 2010." Actually, I started yesterday and it hasn't been quite as big of an undertaking as I anticipated. The basement was the last part of our house that needed a good cleaning and organizing before we have showings, and the "for sale" signs are now officially ready to put up!

In the meantime, I've been engaging Sienna in many little activities of her own while I clean and organize. Today she finger painted:

I'll have to show the finished products later this week. She did a great job creating pictures for Grandma & Grandpa, Papa Vitt and Grammy Pammy. I think we'll pull out the paints again tomorrow to paint for Nana and her aunts and uncles. She loved it and it kept her busy for about 15 minutes (typical attention span of a 3-year-old haha). At least while she was painting she wasn't spreading bright pink sparkly eye shadow around the family room...sigh...but she did that today too...

Finally, I thought I'd share these photos from Sienna's and my trip to the racetrack last week. She LOVES horses and had so much fun seeing them up close and learning about how they train to be race horses. This trip was arranged through our preschool parents group.

Sienna near a horse in the barn

Some of the horses in their stalls

We watched many of the horses jog by on the training track

Sienna holding a horse shoe while we watched a horse get fitted for new shoes

The blacksmith fitting new shoes for this horse

A qualifying race starting...

and then finishing

I wish that I could take Jaden on more of these field trips, but since she is at school 5 mornings a week it's impossible. Sienna had such a great time and learned so much; she even asked when we can go back!

Now back to my basement clean-up...it's almost done and Jaden just told me "the basement looks new mom" haha!

Comments

I know you are excited for the new house! And good grief... it's not even Halloween yet, why in the world are they putting up Christmas wreaths???
Reagan was just looking over my shoulder and asked if we could go visit your house sometime! Wouldn't it be great if that were possible!!!

Popular Posts