14 Weeks Pregnant
Each time I start to get back in the groove of blogging regularly, something gets in my way. We just moved our computer and desk to our finished basement where it will remain until we sell this house and move into our new house, so in the process it took me a few days to get everything in order. I shouldn't complain, my new "office" is a beautiful 1300 square ft. walk-out basement with plenty of windows, but it's not the same as having the computer upstairs where I can jump on and off for quick moments throughout the day :-( All in all though, I am grateful to have a computer that is working as good as brand new and to be allowed the time to get back into my blogging grove :)
For the remaining weeks of my pregnancy, I hope to be able to report pregnancy highlights each week. First though, here are some photos from the past 5 weeks...watch the bump grow!
At 9 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a grape:
At 10 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a prune:
At 11 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a small lime:
At 12 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a plum:
At 13 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a peach:
And as of Sunday, at 14 weeks, Baby Vitt is a long as a lemon!

For the remaining weeks of my pregnancy, I hope to be able to report pregnancy highlights each week. First though, here are some photos from the past 5 weeks...watch the bump grow!
At 9 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a grape:
At 10 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a prune:
At 11 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a small lime:
At 12 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a plum:
At 13 weeks, Baby Vitt was the size of a peach:
And as of Sunday, at 14 weeks, Baby Vitt is a long as a lemon!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 14 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Vitt is as long as lemon!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 4-5 lbs; it varies every single day. According to the Dr. office I only gained 1 lb from week 7 to week 12 so that made me happy :) I know that Baby V needs me to gain weight, but it's tougher this time to watch the scale go up knowing how hard I worked to lose weight earlier this year!
Maternity Clothes: My normal shirts and dresses still fit just fine, but my pants are all too snug now. I have three pairs of maternity pants that fit pretty well now, but I'm finding myself always pulling them up! Not for long though haha!
Gender: We don't know until November :) We cannot wait to find out, and will share it with our families over Thanksgiving! What do you think, will Baby Vitt's room be painted green or purple in the new house?!?!
Movement: None yet, though a few times I've wondered if I felt something funny in there. I think he / she is still too small yet, but in the next few weeks I'll feel him / her for sure!
Sleep: I've had the most trouble of any of my pregnancies this time with sleep :-( Fortunately though, this week I was put on Zyrtec for allergies which I take at night and I've had two consecutive nights of AMAZING SLUMBER!!
What I miss: Practically living at the gym without getting super tired after a workout and lying on my stomach sometimes
Cravings: Salty foods, though I have to watch this so that my blood pressure stays low (it went up with Sienna and has a tendency to get a little "crazy" sometimes); also fresh fruit!
Symptoms: Morning Sickness was at its worst during weeks 7-9 and more sporadic during weeks 10-12, lessening each week. It is GONE now (Praise Jesus!!). My main symptom of my Ulcerative Colitis / Chron's Disease is nausea, which was causing me some trouble (especially from 2 to 4am every night) and that is officially taken care of as well since my GI doc raised my medication dose. Finally, I was having some major allergy trouble over the weekend, but that's getting better too thanks to Zyrtec and some nasal spray!
Best Moment this week: Seeing my belly pop out a little more and feeling SO MUCH BETTER thanks to some allergy and nausea relief!
Finally I just have to share this funny story about Jaden so that I don't forget it. I had on some baggy pants at the time of this conversation, so I hope she wasn't too accurate! haha!
On last Friday evening we went to my mom's house and were getting ready for bed. Jaden asked me, "Mama, What does it mean when your bottom is getting bigger?" Hmmm, I thought, now where is she going with this? So I replied, thinking she was referring to herself (haha), "It must mean you're eating too many cookies." So she paused and was silent for longer than I expected. Then I asked, "Why, is your butt getting bigger?" to which she responded, "No mom, yours is" as matter-of-factly as can be.
Oh my goodness I was rolling on the floor over this. Kids can just be so funny sometimes! I guess maybe my belly isn't the only thing growing these days, though I can assure you it would be more from potato chips than a cookie! haha!
Have a great night and I won't forget that I still owe you a birthday post about Sienna turning 3!
On last Friday evening we went to my mom's house and were getting ready for bed. Jaden asked me, "Mama, What does it mean when your bottom is getting bigger?" Hmmm, I thought, now where is she going with this? So I replied, thinking she was referring to herself (haha), "It must mean you're eating too many cookies." So she paused and was silent for longer than I expected. Then I asked, "Why, is your butt getting bigger?" to which she responded, "No mom, yours is" as matter-of-factly as can be.
Oh my goodness I was rolling on the floor over this. Kids can just be so funny sometimes! I guess maybe my belly isn't the only thing growing these days, though I can assure you it would be more from potato chips than a cookie! haha!
Have a great night and I won't forget that I still owe you a birthday post about Sienna turning 3!


Comments
A coworker last week told me I looked bigger than when she saw me last. It had only been two days since I saw her last!!
Kim