Yesterday...
Sienna and I ventured to Holden Arboretum for a morning walk. We are fortunate to live near a huge national park, as well as many places like Holden where you can just walk and appreciate all of the beautiful nature around you. I haven't been feeling well over the past few days (we'll save those details for another post!) so I wasn't sure I'd be up for this, but I pushed myself to go because I knew some fresh air and the experience of peacefulness surrounded by God's beauty would do well for my soul.
Three years ago at this time we went to Holden Arboretum and got to enjoy the gorgeous rhododendrons in full bloom. Sienna was just a tiny tot in my belly at the time and I don't believe we've ever gone back to walk around since she was born. Funny though as it seems like just yesterday we were there!
Anyway, as soon as we arrived, I noticed this gorgeous rhododendron...

And I got so excited to see the rest of them. As it turned out, this one was in FULL bloom, but we missed the perfect time for the rest of the rhododendrons by about a week. Regardless, it was still awesome to see all of the beautiful flowers and landscape!
This stump is from an 884 year old tree! Sienna was intrigued...
Here are a few of the rhododendrons we saw--they have every single color from two shades of orange to pink to white to purple and so on!


We also saw hundreds of beautiful flowers in every color, shape and variety. Since flowers are my very favorite thing to photograph besides my kids, I couldn't help but play with my camera (Sienna is very complacent and patient in general, so she didn't mind Mommy stopping to take a few pics here and there!).
Sienna spent about 70% of the time in the stroller and the rest of the time walking with me. I didn't mind whether she walked or rode, but I did have to put my foot down about carrying her. It was tooooo hot!
Whether she was in the stroller or walking alongside me, she loved touching the flowers and inspecting their beauty:
She also loved when we approached this bog because we could hear the croaking frogs and could see a bunch of turtles on the logs in the water! If you click on this photo you might be able to see one of two of them. There were more but they kept going into and back out of the water.
We ate lunch at the Arboretum and then left in time to pick up Jaden from school. I am so glad that we went; it was a great morning together!
And I hope that we can go back again later this summer, maybe with the whole family :)
Last night after "rest time" (what we call naps these days since sometimes Jaden doesn't actually fall asleep, but she does "rest") we got out the sprinkler. Sienna was a little cautious around it, but enjoyed Scott holding her near the water and watching her big sister get wet!
Jaden wasn't shy about the water AT ALL. In fact, I think this sprinkler might be her new favorite outdoor toy!



Jaden was so sweet to her little sister inviting her to come near the water and telling her how it wouldn't hurt her at all. I love to see that big sister / little sister relationship, especially when Jaden is being nurturing and loving.
All in all, I'd say it was as perfect as a day could possibly get. I'm so much looking forward to summer when Jaden will be out of school and we can do outings like the Arboretum some days followed by other days when we just hang out at home with the sprinkler, bicycles and the sandbox. Jaden and Sienna are at great ages for outdoor fun, and I intend on letting them "live it up" all summer long!
Three years ago at this time we went to Holden Arboretum and got to enjoy the gorgeous rhododendrons in full bloom. Sienna was just a tiny tot in my belly at the time and I don't believe we've ever gone back to walk around since she was born. Funny though as it seems like just yesterday we were there!
Anyway, as soon as we arrived, I noticed this gorgeous rhododendron...

And I got so excited to see the rest of them. As it turned out, this one was in FULL bloom, but we missed the perfect time for the rest of the rhododendrons by about a week. Regardless, it was still awesome to see all of the beautiful flowers and landscape!This stump is from an 884 year old tree! Sienna was intrigued...
Here are a few of the rhododendrons we saw--they have every single color from two shades of orange to pink to white to purple and so on!

We also saw hundreds of beautiful flowers in every color, shape and variety. Since flowers are my very favorite thing to photograph besides my kids, I couldn't help but play with my camera (Sienna is very complacent and patient in general, so she didn't mind Mommy stopping to take a few pics here and there!).
Sienna spent about 70% of the time in the stroller and the rest of the time walking with me. I didn't mind whether she walked or rode, but I did have to put my foot down about carrying her. It was tooooo hot!
Whether she was in the stroller or walking alongside me, she loved touching the flowers and inspecting their beauty:
She also loved when we approached this bog because we could hear the croaking frogs and could see a bunch of turtles on the logs in the water! If you click on this photo you might be able to see one of two of them. There were more but they kept going into and back out of the water.
We ate lunch at the Arboretum and then left in time to pick up Jaden from school. I am so glad that we went; it was a great morning together!
And I hope that we can go back again later this summer, maybe with the whole family :)
Last night after "rest time" (what we call naps these days since sometimes Jaden doesn't actually fall asleep, but she does "rest") we got out the sprinkler. Sienna was a little cautious around it, but enjoyed Scott holding her near the water and watching her big sister get wet!
Jaden wasn't shy about the water AT ALL. In fact, I think this sprinkler might be her new favorite outdoor toy!


Jaden was so sweet to her little sister inviting her to come near the water and telling her how it wouldn't hurt her at all. I love to see that big sister / little sister relationship, especially when Jaden is being nurturing and loving.
All in all, I'd say it was as perfect as a day could possibly get. I'm so much looking forward to summer when Jaden will be out of school and we can do outings like the Arboretum some days followed by other days when we just hang out at home with the sprinkler, bicycles and the sandbox. Jaden and Sienna are at great ages for outdoor fun, and I intend on letting them "live it up" all summer long!


Comments
I've said it before, your girls are absolutely adorable! They will grow up with such a special sisterly bond!