It's Weight Loss Wednesday!
72 hours ago we returned home after 8 days of pure bliss...
sunny beaches
books completely read with few distractions
swimming with dolphins and stingrays
hilarious comedy
delectable cuisine
...and so on and so forth. I will save the details for my next post on all of that!
But I'd be flat.out.lying if I tried to act like 70 out of 72 of the last hours of my life weren't ridiculously difficult and stressful. Coming home to a 2 1/2-year-old and a 4 1/2-year-old after 8 days away is MUCH different than coming home to a 9-month-old after 10 days away (as we did 4 years ago) or coming home to our two daughters at their current ages after only a day or two away. They have tested our limits to such extremes that they even made me cry...yeah, that's right, me the strong, composed woman actually bawled her eyes out to Scott on the phone today after an extremely unsuccessful attempt to buy a slew of Mother's Day and baby shower cards at Hallmark.
While we might be banned from the local card shop, I think we've finally gotten over the hump because Jaden and Sienna straightened right up post-emotional meltdown (hmmm...maybe bring on the tears sooner next time?? ha!) and have returned to my precious, obedient, kind daughters this evening.
But besides the behavior issues we've conquered, we've had a few other battles going on here...the battle of unpacking everyone, the Mount Washmore that has sprung up in our laundry room, the piles of things to do for a very big week next week and most stressful of all: the fact that in my sleep-deprived, frazzled, almost over-the-edge from having to constantly discipline my two rugrats state of mind yesterday I erased my entire camera card of photos from my Canon Rebel. Oh yeah, and that card included over 100 amazing vacation pics.
I repeat, that card included OVER 100 AMAZING VACATION PICS.
So why did she title this post weight loss Wednesday you ask?
Ha, well maybe I just wanted to admit that in the midst of all that has gone on here for the past three days, I just might have devoured a donut yesterday.
Okay, actually two.
And this morning I only hesitated a little when I ate a few bites of Sienna's McDonalds breakfast.
But don't worry, I'm back on track. I'm ready to conquer the second half of my weight loss journey. I'm ready to fight stress with incredible workouts and feel that "cardio high" again. I had a tough couple of days, I just about committed "weight loss suicide" and now that I had my personal pity party it's over and I definitely will be counting every calorie from here on out again!
Oh yeah, and I should mention that despite all of this, I weighed in at Weight Watchers this morning and gained only 0.2 lbs in the past two weeks which included 8 days of not tracking what I ate while cruising. Not too shabby for the poor eating yesterday and this morning pre-weigh-in, eh?
I should also mention that Walgreens saved my life because they recovered ALL of my photos because I'd printed copies of them Monday morning and my order was still in their system!!
So yeah, the week has definitely made a turn for the better :)
And I'm back on track, I promise!
sunny beaches
books completely read with few distractions
swimming with dolphins and stingrays
hilarious comedy
delectable cuisine
...and so on and so forth. I will save the details for my next post on all of that!
But I'd be flat.out.lying if I tried to act like 70 out of 72 of the last hours of my life weren't ridiculously difficult and stressful. Coming home to a 2 1/2-year-old and a 4 1/2-year-old after 8 days away is MUCH different than coming home to a 9-month-old after 10 days away (as we did 4 years ago) or coming home to our two daughters at their current ages after only a day or two away. They have tested our limits to such extremes that they even made me cry...yeah, that's right, me the strong, composed woman actually bawled her eyes out to Scott on the phone today after an extremely unsuccessful attempt to buy a slew of Mother's Day and baby shower cards at Hallmark.
While we might be banned from the local card shop, I think we've finally gotten over the hump because Jaden and Sienna straightened right up post-emotional meltdown (hmmm...maybe bring on the tears sooner next time?? ha!) and have returned to my precious, obedient, kind daughters this evening.
But besides the behavior issues we've conquered, we've had a few other battles going on here...the battle of unpacking everyone, the Mount Washmore that has sprung up in our laundry room, the piles of things to do for a very big week next week and most stressful of all: the fact that in my sleep-deprived, frazzled, almost over-the-edge from having to constantly discipline my two rugrats state of mind yesterday I erased my entire camera card of photos from my Canon Rebel. Oh yeah, and that card included over 100 amazing vacation pics.
I repeat, that card included OVER 100 AMAZING VACATION PICS.
So why did she title this post weight loss Wednesday you ask?
Ha, well maybe I just wanted to admit that in the midst of all that has gone on here for the past three days, I just might have devoured a donut yesterday.
Okay, actually two.
And this morning I only hesitated a little when I ate a few bites of Sienna's McDonalds breakfast.
But don't worry, I'm back on track. I'm ready to conquer the second half of my weight loss journey. I'm ready to fight stress with incredible workouts and feel that "cardio high" again. I had a tough couple of days, I just about committed "weight loss suicide" and now that I had my personal pity party it's over and I definitely will be counting every calorie from here on out again!
Oh yeah, and I should mention that despite all of this, I weighed in at Weight Watchers this morning and gained only 0.2 lbs in the past two weeks which included 8 days of not tracking what I ate while cruising. Not too shabby for the poor eating yesterday and this morning pre-weigh-in, eh?
I should also mention that Walgreens saved my life because they recovered ALL of my photos because I'd printed copies of them Monday morning and my order was still in their system!!
So yeah, the week has definitely made a turn for the better :)
And I'm back on track, I promise!


Comments
I hope the girls are being good for you!
Glad you were able to get your pics back... can't wait to see them!