Weight Loss Wednesday & Vacation Preview :)

Weight Loss This Week: 2.2 lbs!!

Total Weight Loss So Far: 19.4 lbs

Diet Plan: Weight Watchers & still LOVING it!

Exercise Plan: Cardio 5x per week and lifting 3x; I've had a tough time getting back into my routine since coming home from our cruise, but I still fit in 4 workouts this week!

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share: The intensity at which you work out really matters! I learned this the really tough way through a month-long plateau. I was working out at the highest intensity I possibly could, burning what I thought were thousands of calories and not losing a stinkin' thing! After doing some research and talking to a friend of mine who has recently shed a lot of weight, I realized that it really is important to keep your heart rate in the weight loss zone and not so high in the cardio zone all the time. Click here for a great article that can articulate the importance of keeping your heart rate in the weight loss zone. It helped me understand this all much better!

Recipes to Share: Seeing as I haven't been cooking much, I'm sorry but I have nothing again this time!! I'm going to be back in the kitchen more this coming week so I will try to find a good recipe to share :)

Favorite {Diet} Food Finds: FRUIT! I'm buying fewer and fewer processed snacks with each passing week and more and more fruit! I've always had a sweet tooth and there is nothing better than pineapple or a bowl of strawberries to satisfy my sugar cravings.

Goals This Week: I had a great week and wouldn't expect to lose more than 1 lb. next week, although it would be great to lose 2 again! I'm about 4 lbs above what I was hoping to be at right now, but I am not sweating it at all. I don't care if I am not at my goal weight by the end of July as I'd planned, especially because this is becoming a lifestyle and I know it will come off at some point!!

This week I want to make sure I'm at the gym 5x and that I lift 3x. I want to write down every morsel of food that I eat and make sure I'm on track now that I'm back in the groove!

Overall Goals: To hit the gym 5x per week; To lose 8-15 more lbs; To lose an average of 1lb. per week; to keep enjoying my workouts as much as I have been thus far!

Prior to losing this weight I wouldn't have been caught dead in a bikini, but that's all I wore on our cruise...

More cruise photos and stories about our vacation to come, but this is just a little preview.

I thought it was appropriate to share these today since one of my goals has been to get into my J Crew shorts from college...and here I am wearing one of the pairs on our trip!

They just barely fit, but I wore them anyway! After I knock off the rest of this weight I'll be rockin' the J Crews all summer long!

Comments

Life Happens said…
You look great!! Is that a 'kiss on the lips' drink that you are drinking? That was my favorite on the cruise (virgin style of course). Can't wait to see more of your cruise pictures.
Lucille Roberts said…
Congrats, I'm glad you working out plan is working! A lot of people don't realize that what they drink also plays a large factor in their weight. Keep up the good work!
Linz said…
You look smokin' hot girl!!! Way to rock those shorts!!!

Popular Posts