Show Us Your Life--Favorite Children's Books
It's "Show Us You Life" day over at Kelly's Korner and I just couldn't resist joining in on the fun as an avid reader and English teacher by trade (although I never did teach, just got my degree in it!).
At our house, probably the all time favorite author of Jaden and Sienna in their short lives has been Eric Carle. Both of them can quote several of his books by heart...

We also love Goodnight Moon and when Jaden was a year old she would always put her finger up to her lips and whisper "hush" when the little old lady does so in the book. I think I even have it on video tape. It was so cute!
I love to read books to my girls that have a good message, so two that they got for Christmas were The Ugly Duckling and Cookies:

And recently we've taken up reading one of my favorite childhood books, Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever. We read just a few stories out of it at a time and we are close to finishing it! I thought that starting a book like this and showing Jaden and Sienna how to read from cover to cover over many sittings would prepare them for the days ahead when I start to read chapter books to and with them.
This one was another of my favorites as a kid and I need to get it out to read to my girls very soon!
As Jaden and Sienna get older, I can't wait to read chapter books to them. I don't even think they need to be able to read well themselves before I could start reading some of these long books to them. A few of my favorites that I can't wait to share with my girls are:


So there you have it, our (well, mine and the girls') favorite children's stories! We do read a lot around here--all day long Scott and I are asked to read books and we try not to say no too often unless it's past their bedtime :)
At our house, probably the all time favorite author of Jaden and Sienna in their short lives has been Eric Carle. Both of them can quote several of his books by heart...

We also love Goodnight Moon and when Jaden was a year old she would always put her finger up to her lips and whisper "hush" when the little old lady does so in the book. I think I even have it on video tape. It was so cute!
I love to read books to my girls that have a good message, so two that they got for Christmas were The Ugly Duckling and Cookies:
And recently we've taken up reading one of my favorite childhood books, Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever. We read just a few stories out of it at a time and we are close to finishing it! I thought that starting a book like this and showing Jaden and Sienna how to read from cover to cover over many sittings would prepare them for the days ahead when I start to read chapter books to and with them.
This one was another of my favorites as a kid and I need to get it out to read to my girls very soon!
As Jaden and Sienna get older, I can't wait to read chapter books to them. I don't even think they need to be able to read well themselves before I could start reading some of these long books to them. A few of my favorites that I can't wait to share with my girls are:

So there you have it, our (well, mine and the girls') favorite children's stories! We do read a lot around here--all day long Scott and I are asked to read books and we try not to say no too often unless it's past their bedtime :)


Comments
have a great friday
Happy Reading,
Elizabeth
tiger tales