Weight Loss Wednesday!
Today I'm going to change up the format of my WLW post, just for this week :)
First of all, let me introduce you to my latest love affair:

Meet the Cybex Arc Trainer, my newest best friend and love of my workout life! One of the trainers at my gym encouraged me to try out the Arc Trainer back in January and I thought she was nuts. I'd seen some people on it and thought they looked so dorky because of the motion of it and I'd pretty much made up my mind at that point that I wouldn't be trying it out...ever. Well, once trainer Beth encouraged me to give it a try, I agreed to 20 minutes and no more. After this first time, my face was 10 shades of red (literally almost purple!!) and I was not at all surprised by all the funny looks I got from others in the gym because I felt like I was near death. Now about 2 1/2 months later I cannot thank trainer Beth enough for telling me to try out the Arc Trainer--it has become a main staple to my workouts and I'm loving it more and more each day!!
I'm now up to level 1o on the Arc (the highest level) and do anywhere from 35 minutes to 1 hour at a time. Last week during my 1 hour I had the screen covered on purpose so that how many calories I was burning would be a surprise and to my complete dismay when my time was over I'd burned 808 calories!! In ONE hour!! Also, I no longer step off of the Arc looking like I'm near death, and I don't feel bad at all--just a normal sense of fatigue after a good solid workout combined with tremendous bliss for having done it.
My love affair with the Arc (don't worry Scott, I still and always will love you more--grin!) has helped me to lose 19.2 lbs as of this morning. That's 2.2 lbs in the past week! I have to add though that due to potty training boot camp that's happening at our house this week, I had my weekly weigh-in at home instead of at weight watchers, so this won't be official until I can get into a WW center. That said though, I weigh in every week at home before I go to WW and know that my scale is exactly 1 lb different than the one at WW so I accounted for that when weighing in this morning :)
I just want to close with saying that I never, EVER dreamed I'd make it this far. I had little faith in myself at the beginning of this weight loss journey because I've tried and failed many times. Those times were just practice I guess and this time is the real deal. I would not give up at this point even for a million dollars. I am officially 3 lbs BELOW the lowest I've weighed since having Sienna and only 3 lbs above the lowest I weighed after having Jaden. I do not know how much more I'll lose, but I do know at least 6 more lbs and no more than 15 more lbs. It all depends on how my clothes fit :)
...looks like I'll be confidently sporting a bikini in Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize and Cozumel at the end of April afterall...woohoo!!!
First of all, let me introduce you to my latest love affair:

Meet the Cybex Arc Trainer, my newest best friend and love of my workout life! One of the trainers at my gym encouraged me to try out the Arc Trainer back in January and I thought she was nuts. I'd seen some people on it and thought they looked so dorky because of the motion of it and I'd pretty much made up my mind at that point that I wouldn't be trying it out...ever. Well, once trainer Beth encouraged me to give it a try, I agreed to 20 minutes and no more. After this first time, my face was 10 shades of red (literally almost purple!!) and I was not at all surprised by all the funny looks I got from others in the gym because I felt like I was near death. Now about 2 1/2 months later I cannot thank trainer Beth enough for telling me to try out the Arc Trainer--it has become a main staple to my workouts and I'm loving it more and more each day!!
I'm now up to level 1o on the Arc (the highest level) and do anywhere from 35 minutes to 1 hour at a time. Last week during my 1 hour I had the screen covered on purpose so that how many calories I was burning would be a surprise and to my complete dismay when my time was over I'd burned 808 calories!! In ONE hour!! Also, I no longer step off of the Arc looking like I'm near death, and I don't feel bad at all--just a normal sense of fatigue after a good solid workout combined with tremendous bliss for having done it.
My love affair with the Arc (don't worry Scott, I still and always will love you more--grin!) has helped me to lose 19.2 lbs as of this morning. That's 2.2 lbs in the past week! I have to add though that due to potty training boot camp that's happening at our house this week, I had my weekly weigh-in at home instead of at weight watchers, so this won't be official until I can get into a WW center. That said though, I weigh in every week at home before I go to WW and know that my scale is exactly 1 lb different than the one at WW so I accounted for that when weighing in this morning :)
I just want to close with saying that I never, EVER dreamed I'd make it this far. I had little faith in myself at the beginning of this weight loss journey because I've tried and failed many times. Those times were just practice I guess and this time is the real deal. I would not give up at this point even for a million dollars. I am officially 3 lbs BELOW the lowest I've weighed since having Sienna and only 3 lbs above the lowest I weighed after having Jaden. I do not know how much more I'll lose, but I do know at least 6 more lbs and no more than 15 more lbs. It all depends on how my clothes fit :)
...looks like I'll be confidently sporting a bikini in Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize and Cozumel at the end of April afterall...woohoo!!!


Comments