Do you know what day it is??!!

It's weight loss WEDNESDAY!!!

Since I missed posting last week, I'll update you on both weeks today...

Weight Loss This Week: 0.4 lbs last week and 2.6 lbs this week!!! I was a teeny bit disappointed to see the 0.4 loss last week, especially because I had worked out 7 consecutive days (more about that later!), but I knew deep down that a bigger loss would show up this week on the scale!

Total Weight Loss So Far: 15.4 lbs I truly can't believe it...getting to the 15lb. mark was something I thought would never happen, and now that I'm here it seems like it came so fast!

Diet Plan: Weight Watchers all the way! I eat 5 or more veggies and fruits per day, lots of whole grains and lean protein. I enjoy low carb protein shakes after workouts which help to curb my post-workout hunger and I eat 3 meals plus 1-2 snacks per day.

Exercise Plan: Cardio 5x per week and Weights 3x per week; last week I worked out 7 days straight doing 7 days of cardio and lifting weights 3 times. I put in the extra days knowing that this week I wouldn't have as much time to do so. This week I was only able to do 2 days of weights and I fit in 3 days of cardio. This coming week I'll be back to my normal routine and will be back in the gym at least 5 days for cardio and will lift 3 times!

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share: Like I shared the last time, consistency really does count! You may hit the treadmill for days on end and not see a weight loss, or see a very small loss and then all of a sudden it catches up with you and you have a great week as I did this week! Also I'm finding that if you truly embrace your plan to eat healthier and exercise, and make it a priority in your life, then it becomes a huge part of you. I could not imagine going a week without exercising, must less a few consecutive days, and for way too long I was going MONTHS without hitting the gym! Now that I have truly embraced this, made it part of my daily / weekly schedule I am on the verge of addicted :) In a good way though of course; a healthy way, not at all in the bad sense of addiction!!

Recipes to Share: Just today I was given this recipe that sounded INCREDIBLE and I'm putting it on our family meal menu for this month! It's pasta with asparagus, pancetta and pine nuts, and the recipe is from Cooking Light magazine. Click HERE to get the recipe for yourself, complete with nutrition information!

Favorite {Diet} Food Finds: I'm really into eating fish these days, perhaps because I'm seeing fish fry signs out in front of churches during this Lenten season! I discovered that the Van de Kamp's brand of fish sticks makes a healthy selects filet which tastes great with a little lemon when I'm craving something breaded. I'd love to live closer to the ocean where I could get more fresh fish, but since we're in the middle of the country and there aren't any fish coming out of frozen Lake Erie these days I have to settle for buying frozen fish filets--salmon & tilapia being my favorites, especially when I can find non-farm raised. And finally I'm into making things with tuna now and again with a can of tuna in water only being 2 points on weight watchers!

Goals This Week: To lose 1 lb; to lift 3 times; to do my cardio 5 times; to keep my current momentum going!

Overall Goals: To hit the gym 5x per week; To lose 18.2 more lbs; To lose an average of 1lb. per week! I'd like to be at my goal by my birthday which is in July! One note on my final weight goals--I'm saying 18.2 more lbs because that will put me at a certain "number" yet I'm actually going to be done trying to lose weight once my size 6 J.Crew shorts all fit well. Funny goal eh? My college roommate worked at J.Crew and got six pairs for me with her discount and they are SO CUTE! I can't wait to wear them again so that is ultimately my goal. It will take me approximately 12-18 more lbs. And one note about this note--I'm starting to fit into size 6 jeans already, but I think my shorts run a bit on the small side :)

Scott and I booked our 5-year anniversary trip--a western Caribbean cruise! We leave in 7 1/2 weeks so I'd like to lose 7-8 lbs. more before we go. I'm planning to only pack bikinis for the trip--something I haven't done since we went to Hawaii 4 years ago!

At some point I'll share my starting weight, but I'm still not ready. I shared it with a few friends over the weekend whom I trust, but it is such a high number and it is ridiculously humiliating to know I ever let myself go that high! I was just not making myself a priority at all and that led to eating on the go constantly, not planning for healthy meals at all, and making minimal time available for super easy workouts. I am so glad that has now changed! I'm getting close to sharing, so stay tuned over the next few weeks and I just may let it slip :)

Finally, I want to close with just saying that I'm finally feeling thinner and feeling really good. I've had some health issues which I described in earlier posts this year and even though those issues haven't gone away entirely, my body feels better than it ever has. I feel so fit, so strong. Pants that didn't fit in January are already a little loose on me and that is the biggest motivation. I have so many pairs of pants and cute dresses that I can't wait to fit back into--things I've kept from pre-babies. I don't care if they aren't entirely in style anymore; I've kept them because I'm a clotheshorse and I always knew there'd be a day when they fit again! That day will be here this YEAR. That feels so good to say :)

Comments

Nikki Flores said…
Congrats on the weight loss! I had a lot of success with WW back in college, however, I found out that I wasn't getting enough nutrition when I did it. (I was only concerned with points, and not paying attention to nutritional content (or lack thereof) of the foods I was eating.)

Anywho...I recently found Sparkpeople.com, which is an AMAZING web site. It's got everything...From calorie trackers to free YouTube videos to quizzes to forums and recipes. I highly recommend it to anyone who is "health conscious".

Keep up the good work!

Popular Posts