Show Us Your Life--Wedding Reception

Kelly over at KellysKornerBlog hosts this fabulous "Show Us Your Life" every Friday and I'm excited to participate again! This week everyone is sharing their wedding reception and honeymoon, but since I'm leaving for a 9-day vacation today, I only have time to upload my favorite reception pictures. I promise to share some about our honeymoon to Maui sometime when we get back!

As I mentioned in my last "Show Us Your Life," our ceremony and reception were held at the same place. They actually were held in the same room, and we had a cocktail hour in an adjacent room so that they could turn the room from lined up chairs to elegant tables and chairs!

I'm sure everyone thinks that their wedding reception was the best one they've ever seen, and I won't argue that, but I will tell you that almost every single person who came to our reception told us it was the most fun they'd ever had at one! Our friends all had a great time together and we had a fabulous DJ who played awesome music to just dance and have fun to! Enjoy these photos from one of the best nights of my whole life!

Our Cake (if you notice, in the swirl design our monogram BVS is hidden in there somewhere!):
One of the tables:
We didn't do big floral centerpieces, just a couple of floating pink flowers at each table. We spent our money in other areas because everyone told me, and I agreed, that flowers die and nobody remembers what was in the center of the table if they're mingling and dancing all night long!
Our tables were all given both a number and a place we'd been together. Then on the table were three standing cards that explained what we'd done at that place or the significance of that place to us. Later, my friend Marcy did the same thing at her wedding and she'd been to so many more amazing places with her hubby, but it was fun to just share some stories about us through our unique table names!

Beautiful head table with our bouquets in vases:

First Dance:

Father / Daughter Dance:
We weren't going to have one at all since my dad passed away in 1999, but at the very last minute I asked the DJ to play a song in memory of my dad and have everyone whose dad was at our wedding to dance with their dad while I danced with my cousin (and dad's nephew) Doug. It was a really sweet moment, and there were so many people there with their dads (mostly our cousins with their dads--our uncles, and a few friends whose parents were also invited!).

Cousin Corey with her dad Uncle Ray!

We had a PHOTO BOOTH at our wedding which was tons of fun! I laugh now because Scott always says he didn't even know the booth was there, but you know us girls all took advantage of it! You should see the crazy and funny pictures people took in there! Here's one of me with a group of my college friends and our little ring bearer. He loved being the center of attention with all these girls thinking he was so handsome!
Please excuse that this is one of the worst pictures of me from the whole day! ha!

My friends in this picture will probably yell that I posted this, but since we spent a lot of time dancing, I had to share a dancing photo!! I think we were all doing the electric slide here, and I must've been on the other side of the floor at this point!

By the end of the night we were having a great time singing silly sorority songs and I grabbed the DJ's microphone for a few songs. Oh boy, someone should've taken that thing right back out of my hand because my voice is TERRIBLE! ha! We weren't really singing kareokee style, but everyone was singing / yelling lines of each song into the microphone. My favorite was one of the last songs when we were all singing "Shout" by the Isley Brothers (I think!) because a different person yelled "Shout" into the microphone each time it was said in the song. You really had to be there because I feel like I'm not describing this whole scene very well, but just trust me, it was SO MUCH FUN!!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my memories with me. I am now off to pack for our big trip!!

Comments

I love the look of the silver bridesmaid dresses to accent your dress! All the dancing looked so fun too :)

*Found your blog through Kelly's Korner

Popular Posts