7 Things

In case you're new here, I've decided that as a way for some of us to get to know eachother better, each Tuesday I'm going to post something under the theme of "7 things." I'll pick a category each week and list my own 7 things, and I invite you all to leave a comment with your own 7 things (or a link to your own blog where you list your 7 things!).

Today's category:

7 BEST places around your town that you frequent:

7. Chick-Fil-A! You don't think my daughter earned the nickname "Chicken Nugget" for nothin' do ya? ha! We LOVE our chick-fil-a and were thrilled when it opened about a year ago. I love their salads and diet lemonade while Jaden and Sienna can't get enough of their chicken nuggets! Plus there's the great playground where they can get out some energy on the rainy days while I have a moment to just sit down and watch. For $15 I can feed myself and my kids, all the while receiving better customer service than some fancy restaurants!

6. The Montrose / Fairlawn shopping area--woohoo! It took me awhile to discover how great this area is, but now that I've discovered it, watch out! Ha, just kidding :) I love this particular area because you can hit EVERY type of store imaginable from Sams Club to the mall to craft stores to Walmart to book stores all on one strip! Being a bigger city girl from Columbus, I was used to having places like this at every corner of the city, and often complained that there was no "one-stop-shopping" area around that had EVERY type of store I could possibly need to go to. But now I've found it, and I'm thrilled! Once Christmas shopping season is here, I know where I'm headed!

5. Preston's Hope Playground! When Jaden was just an infant I used to comment on the "awesome playground with houses that I can see from the highway." Well, we found our way there when she started running around and boy is it a fun place! Even mom and dad can have fun and go on all of the slides, run up all of the ramps and go in all of the houses which are built tall and wide to accomodate people of all sizes and abilities. Even children and adults with disabilities can enjoy Preston's Hope which is amazing. There are also parts of the playground which incorporate sound so if a child is blind, he / she could still be engaged with the sounds of a train, a hair salon or a fire station! We will never tire of Preston's Hope and now Sienna enjoys going there too!

4. The Cleveland Children's Museum! This should be more appropriately titled, The Cleveland Toddler & Preschooler's Museum! It is PERFECT for our kids' ages because it is small enough that we can play in each of the 4 main areas in just a couple of hours before heading home. We pack lunches when we go and eat on the lower level, and then the kids just wash the crumbs off their hands in the nearby water table! In one room there is always a new exhibit each season, and it usually incorporates sand in the wintertime so even though it's cold and snowy outside, my girls can play in a giant sandbox inside! I'm so thankful that one of my friends introduced me to this awesome place to go and play; we love it there!

3. Geauga Lake! Of course we can only go there in the summer, but it is such a great place for my children. We feel very fortunate to have this waterpark nearby and to be able to have season passes to go there. The girls can go down slides, hit the wave pool, float around the lazy river or enjoy watching our mama's helper or I ride down the "big girl" slides. We have so much fun each time we go there, and of course it all pays off when the girls take nice long naps afterwards!

2. TWO Zoos! We have easy access to both the Akron AND the Cleveland zoo from where we live. We're actually about 20 minutes from each, and our family zoo pass gets us into either one for free! The zoos have different perks at each. For instance, the Akron zoo has fewer animals, but is basically one big loop so it's easy to take the kids and let them walk by themselves because they can't really get lost! Plus they can walk the whole loop without getting too tired. The Cleveland zoo has many more animals and a rainforest which is great for cooler or rainy days. I never appreciated zoos as much as I do now with my children. They are amazed by the animals!

1. The Metro parks system! We have numerous places to hike, walk, bike, ride horses, and do just about any other outdoor activity that you can imagine through the Cuyahoga County Metroparks. There are so many places to walk that I never get bored! And the wildlife we see is incredible too!

Comments

Popular Posts