Gardner anyone?
We have just returned from a fabulous weekend spend with friends at Lake Erie and guess who forgot her camera! ME! I take my camera EVERYWHERE I go and was shocked when I realized I'd left it in our pool bag at home instead of putting it into my purse for the weekend. Fortunately, my friend Rachel let me use her camera a few times to snap a photo of Scott & I, as well as a few photos in this Irish restaurant where we LOVED the sayings on the walls.
Three of my favorite sayings from the Irish restaurant were:
"May you be in heaven a full 30 minutes before the devil knows you're dead" AMEN!
She who gossips with you will gossip of you (SO true!)
May your home never been big enough to hold all of your friends (awww...)
Anyway, we're back home feeling relaxed, refreshed and having caught up with some friends whom we don't get to see much, so it was a really great weekend overall! We have a busy week (as usual!) and then on Friday we head up to my father-in-law's lakehouse for 8 days of pure bliss... Three of my sisters, my step-mom and my two nephews are staying up there with me and my girls for the week! I have so much to do before we leave, but next week will surely be relaxing and very low-stress so if I can just make it through the next 4 days I'll be happy!
One fabulous thing happening this week...I am getting a new camera! For my birthday I asked for gift cards to Best Buy and money towards a better camera and wouldn't you know, there is a package involving the camera I want (Canon Rebel) on sale THIS WEEK! So before we leave on Friday I get to make a special trip to Best Buy to pick it up :-) I couldn't think of a better place to "play" with my new "toy" than the lake next week--woohoo!
Other than that excitement that will happen later this week, we're just going to be doing our thing--swim lessons, a couple of playdates, a meeting tonight for our area Parents Group Board, getting hair cuts and so forth. We'll be packing in between and watching my friend's baby, Piper, for the last few times as she has a new sitter starting next week (my life is about to get very hectic with Jaden starting pre-school 5 days a week so my friend found a new sitter so that I could focus on my family and these changes). So anyway, I'm sure these days will go fast!
And at least there is one thing I can cross off my list for this week...gardening! Thanks to Jaden and Sienna, our plants are covered--in water that is! Scott bought a new fancy nozzle for our hose a few weeks ago and I have two little girls obsessed with "misting" our flowers and plants! No problem with this mama...I'll just sit back and let my two adorable little gardners work their green thumbs. Next up: weed-pulling lessons! ha!

Three of my favorite sayings from the Irish restaurant were:
"May you be in heaven a full 30 minutes before the devil knows you're dead" AMEN!
She who gossips with you will gossip of you (SO true!)
May your home never been big enough to hold all of your friends (awww...)
Anyway, we're back home feeling relaxed, refreshed and having caught up with some friends whom we don't get to see much, so it was a really great weekend overall! We have a busy week (as usual!) and then on Friday we head up to my father-in-law's lakehouse for 8 days of pure bliss... Three of my sisters, my step-mom and my two nephews are staying up there with me and my girls for the week! I have so much to do before we leave, but next week will surely be relaxing and very low-stress so if I can just make it through the next 4 days I'll be happy!
One fabulous thing happening this week...I am getting a new camera! For my birthday I asked for gift cards to Best Buy and money towards a better camera and wouldn't you know, there is a package involving the camera I want (Canon Rebel) on sale THIS WEEK! So before we leave on Friday I get to make a special trip to Best Buy to pick it up :-) I couldn't think of a better place to "play" with my new "toy" than the lake next week--woohoo!
Other than that excitement that will happen later this week, we're just going to be doing our thing--swim lessons, a couple of playdates, a meeting tonight for our area Parents Group Board, getting hair cuts and so forth. We'll be packing in between and watching my friend's baby, Piper, for the last few times as she has a new sitter starting next week (my life is about to get very hectic with Jaden starting pre-school 5 days a week so my friend found a new sitter so that I could focus on my family and these changes). So anyway, I'm sure these days will go fast!
And at least there is one thing I can cross off my list for this week...gardening! Thanks to Jaden and Sienna, our plants are covered--in water that is! Scott bought a new fancy nozzle for our hose a few weeks ago and I have two little girls obsessed with "misting" our flowers and plants! No problem with this mama...I'll just sit back and let my two adorable little gardners work their green thumbs. Next up: weed-pulling lessons! ha!





Comments