Busy as a Bee!

We are about 50% packed for our big 9-day trip to the lake and are all so excited to go! Scott gets to join us on the weekends, but for Monday through Friday next week it will just be me, three of my sisters, my two daughters and my two nephews. We are planning to go on a drive-through safari, hit the roller coasters at Cedar Point, take a boat ride, walk the beach, kayak and sip fruity drinks by the pool all week! I may even talk my sisters into taking the kids putt-putting!

We will not have the internet all week while we're at the lake. This is both a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. It's mostly good because I think it's so wonderful sometimes to just take a break from the ordinary, and also because there's no chance that I or one of my sisters will be sitting online every day / night. We'll instead be doing all of our fun things we have planned during the day, and in the evening we'll be playing games, hanging out on the deck watching the water and wildlife, and just talking. We also will be making my sister Lindsey's "Save-the-Date" cards for her wedding which is in one year! I will miss keeping up with all of you fellow bloggers out there and with my friends and family on email and facebook for the week, but I'll survive. And I'll of course have my phone with me at all times if someone really needs me!

I wanted to post this afternoon not just to tell you all how excited we are preparing for our big trip, but I also just wanted to share some great things that have happened today. We've had some prayers answered and I just feel so touched and excited about them that I have to share!

First of all, if you didn't know already, my hubby Scott is an engineer who does architectural drawings for his family's company. Their company develops land, builds homes, builds some commercial spaces and designs / builds additions, renovations, etc. They have been very successful and do incredible work, but with the terrible things that have happened to our country's economy, business has slowed to a crawl. We have been thankful all along that a few small projects have kept the business afloat and that they have not had to unload their assets like many other builders. As of today, I am so excited to share that Scott's dad has sold their first house in more than a year! He sold a very large home that he had purchased as part of an 85-acre piece of property! The rest of the property will be the home to 15 more homes, but the existing home was gutted and completely renovated. It looks 100% brand new and has ammenities that some of us could only dream of one day having!

Selling this home means INCOME for Scott's business and is just one step in the right direction towards building and selling more homes. Scott mentioned that as soon as the final closing takes place, they'll start designing a new spec home for another lot on the property. The wheels are turning...thank God!!

The second answer to prayer today was for my church moms group, which is appropriately called, Moms Need Moms (MnMs for short!). I am on the leadership team for the group and I don't want to go into any detail because the details aren't really important, but I had a big prayer recently for the group and it has been ANSWERED! I received a wonderful phone call today and am supercharged with energy for the group. So any of you who are reading and are part of the group, get ready for another great year. For those of you readers who aren't close by, just wait because I'm definitely going to be talking about MnMs a lot over the next year. It is a wonderful group which is always growing and I'm so excited that I've had the opportunity not only to be a part of it, but to be a part of leading it. I'm really passionate about helping and serving moms because I think we have very difficult jobs that only other moms can understand and appreciate! I'm so thankful that I can continue to serve the moms in my church and in my community. Woohoo!

Well, as always I could write and write, but it's dinnertime and I'm making fresh perch that my hubby's cousin caught and gave to us! Let's hope that my prayer that my dinner actually turns out is answered! I'm sure it will be just fine; I always get a little nervous about making fish and it turning out! Look for another post or two from me, then it's "Sayanara" for a bit while we're at the lake!!

Comments

Jillian said…
Have a great trip!!
Erin said…
Have a wonderful trip ... take lots of pics for us to see!

P.S. - I'm glad you're prayers were answered :)

Popular Posts