A Post With No Pictures is NO FUN!

Good evening :) I type to you from my brother's laptop in Columbus where we've come for a 6-day visit! I was hoping to get my photos from our time at the lake loaded onto my computer, sorted and some of them posted before we left, but we ran out of time. So I promise photos will be coming by the bucketfull just as soon as I can get around to loading them onto my computer!

On Friday Scott left to enjoy his Father's day present. I don't know if I ever revealed it on here, but just before father's day he'd been commenting on how his good friend Kurt has lived in Alabama for 3 or so years now and he's never gone down for a visit. Well, Mama Vitt took care of that and gifted Scott a "guys weekend" and his plane ticket to visit Kurt. So this weekend is when it was scheduled. Scott was having a great time and told me some details over the phone while he was there, and I'm sure after he is home and rested up tomorrow I'll be getting more stories about his "man-cation"! What I do know is that he and Kurt spent time fishing and shooting clay pigeons...fun guy stuff!

With Scott gone Friday night, I decided to have a girls night in and invited some gals over to hang out, scrapbook, give self pedicures and talk. It was a nice evening and I gave myself a great pedi...best part is that it cost me nothing! Jaden and Sienna were at this girls night and went to bed pretty painlessly despite us gals being loud all night! One of these days when I have some extra time on my hands (ha! when will that ever happen??) I'll have to share with you what I've learned and practiced in terms of sleep & children. I'll make a point to do that actually!

Saturday morning my babes and I packed up the car and headed south. We spent about an hour and a half with my friend Michele and her children Andre' and Ekaterina who are adopted from Russia. Then we headed to my friend Katie's house for a baby shower. The shower was for my friend Meagan who is expecting her first little guy / girl in about 6 weeks! This was more than the average baby shower though because four of our close friends / sorority sisters who we're lucky to see once a year flew in from Atlanta! So we did all of the fun shower things and then followed it up with another girls night in! My mom came to get Jaden and Sienna so that I could have a relaxing night and sleep in a bit this morning, and I'm so thankful she did because I didn't go to sleep until after 2:30am. I didn't even want to go to sleep that early because I was having such a great time with my girlfriends who I don't get to see much. I'm going to make a point of going to Atlanta in the next few months to visit them. We just have too much fun together to not see one another more!

Over the next few days we have some fun things planned here in Columbus--everything from visiting friends and family to hitting the zoo and Cosi. I have 5 girlfriends from college, 3 were my roommates our senior year, who live here and we always make a point of going out to dinner together while I'm in town. We're also going to do a little shopping in between all of the other things we have planned!

I'm sorry for the boring nature of this post being that it includes NO photos, but I'll let you imagine us all with smiles on our faces and having a really fun time. I promise to post many snapshots to make up for this boring post later! Have a fun week everyone :)

Comments

Popular Posts