OU Reunion & Baby T's Shower
Just as I was realizing today that it's going to be impossible for me to post photos from my camera while I'm here in Columbus my friend Danielle posted a few pics from the baby shower / reunion we had on Saturday! I cannot say enough how great it was to see and catch up with my friends. Here is the whole group of girls:
My friend Meagan who is expecting is right next to me in the beautiful blue maxi-dress. Doesn't she look gorgeous??!! I kept telling her how great she looks. She hasn't gained much weight and what she has gained is all baby! She doesn't know what she's having, but I'm guessing a baby boy. I'll keep you posted when he/ she arrives!
Now here was one of the fun parts of the shower...
Yep, that's me on my way to winning the chugging contest...baby bottle chugging that is!! Each of us was given 2 oz of apple juice and I chugged away. If you've never tried sucking out of a baby bottle, then let me tell you, it's harder than you think! I don't know how babies don't get tired and sore mouths from all that sucking. Ha!
I have some really adorable photos of Jaden and Sienna from the shower too, but they're on my camera so I'll have to post those when we get home. Let's just say that they were being such cute sisters to one another and playing so well during the shower, and the photos will prove it!
Today was a great day in Columbus. We went to the mall this morning where I got to use a gift card from my birthday to get some awesome shimmering bronzer, and then the girls played at the indoor playground for awhile. Before coming home to my mom's house for lunch we picked up some shoes for Sienna at Stride Rite which leads me to ask you moms out there...do any of you have children with wide feet??? And where, besides Stride Rite, can you find shoes to fit them properly?? Poor little Sienna was "blessed" ahem with my super wide feet and the poor girl is very limited on shoe selection! I don't mind buying her one pair a season from Stride Rite, but those things get pretty darn expensive, and considering I usually buy my own shoes on clearance at department stores or at Target, spending $50 on children's shoes that get worn for 6 months really bites!! I do know that Payless carries some wide shoes, but the selection where we live is really, really low (like one pair per season, and they're usually the most hideous style in the whole children's section!). So I'd really love to know if there are other places out there to buy little Sienna some shoes at a better price.
So anyway, I went on a bit of a tangent there, but our day here in C-bus was really nice. We had dinner with "Papa Geno"--my stepdad--at Fridays (which Jaden has dubbed "Sundays" ha!) and went back to the mall to help my little sister do some school clothes shopping. Now the girls are asleep and I'm going to read for awhile before bed. Tomorrow is a full day with COSI and another OU reunion dinner at Easton (with my college roommates and sorority sisters!), so I'll be sure to let you know how all of that goes! G'night friends :)
My friend Meagan who is expecting is right next to me in the beautiful blue maxi-dress. Doesn't she look gorgeous??!! I kept telling her how great she looks. She hasn't gained much weight and what she has gained is all baby! She doesn't know what she's having, but I'm guessing a baby boy. I'll keep you posted when he/ she arrives!Now here was one of the fun parts of the shower...
Yep, that's me on my way to winning the chugging contest...baby bottle chugging that is!! Each of us was given 2 oz of apple juice and I chugged away. If you've never tried sucking out of a baby bottle, then let me tell you, it's harder than you think! I don't know how babies don't get tired and sore mouths from all that sucking. Ha!I have some really adorable photos of Jaden and Sienna from the shower too, but they're on my camera so I'll have to post those when we get home. Let's just say that they were being such cute sisters to one another and playing so well during the shower, and the photos will prove it!
Today was a great day in Columbus. We went to the mall this morning where I got to use a gift card from my birthday to get some awesome shimmering bronzer, and then the girls played at the indoor playground for awhile. Before coming home to my mom's house for lunch we picked up some shoes for Sienna at Stride Rite which leads me to ask you moms out there...do any of you have children with wide feet??? And where, besides Stride Rite, can you find shoes to fit them properly?? Poor little Sienna was "blessed" ahem with my super wide feet and the poor girl is very limited on shoe selection! I don't mind buying her one pair a season from Stride Rite, but those things get pretty darn expensive, and considering I usually buy my own shoes on clearance at department stores or at Target, spending $50 on children's shoes that get worn for 6 months really bites!! I do know that Payless carries some wide shoes, but the selection where we live is really, really low (like one pair per season, and they're usually the most hideous style in the whole children's section!). So I'd really love to know if there are other places out there to buy little Sienna some shoes at a better price.
So anyway, I went on a bit of a tangent there, but our day here in C-bus was really nice. We had dinner with "Papa Geno"--my stepdad--at Fridays (which Jaden has dubbed "Sundays" ha!) and went back to the mall to help my little sister do some school clothes shopping. Now the girls are asleep and I'm going to read for awhile before bed. Tomorrow is a full day with COSI and another OU reunion dinner at Easton (with my college roommates and sorority sisters!), so I'll be sure to let you know how all of that goes! G'night friends :)


Comments