Pintertest
Remember when I first fell for Pinterest and like all new loves couldn't stop talking about it? Well, as time as gone on like other relationships I've been in, my giddiness subsided, though my love is still strong and growing. I can't get enough of Pinterest and now that they've worked out the kinks on the iphone app, I'm using it more than ever!
Over the past month as we've been living at Lake Erie, I've had a few opportunities to use things I've seen on Pinterest and I couldn't wait to link up with The Johnsons today to share!
First, a few weeks ago my sister and I hosted some of my preschool parents group friends for a little "Beach Party." We made the sandy starfish cookies, the pearl oyster cookies, the teddy bear beach cupcakes, the sailboat jello cups and the flipflop cookies using ideas from Pinterest. I also saw the cute idea for tying up the plasticware on Pinterest; the other things we added on our own:
The kids had a blast swimming and feasting on all of the treats!
For yesterday, July 4th, I sought many ideas from Pinterest for our dessert table. Like the beach party treats, I loved that these were all self-explanatory from their pictures and each was so easy to make!
I also saw on Pinterest how to use napkins to create an easy, festive banner:
And finally, we saw this genius idea for kids using sparklers on Pinterest too :)
Here's a sneak peak at our family yesterday. We had a very fun day all together!!
Since we hosted both of these parties at the lake we improvised with hand-written signs to label our food at the beach party and used dollar store serving ware for both occasions. I'd never used their stuff before and I'm almost as smitten with it as I am with Pinterest...especially because if you don't want to clean a particularly messy tray or if something breaks it's like oh well, it only cost you a buck!
Check out how other bloggers are using Pinterest over at the Johnson's blog...

And have a great evening friends!
Over the past month as we've been living at Lake Erie, I've had a few opportunities to use things I've seen on Pinterest and I couldn't wait to link up with The Johnsons today to share!
First, a few weeks ago my sister and I hosted some of my preschool parents group friends for a little "Beach Party." We made the sandy starfish cookies, the pearl oyster cookies, the teddy bear beach cupcakes, the sailboat jello cups and the flipflop cookies using ideas from Pinterest. I also saw the cute idea for tying up the plasticware on Pinterest; the other things we added on our own:
The kids had a blast swimming and feasting on all of the treats!
For yesterday, July 4th, I sought many ideas from Pinterest for our dessert table. Like the beach party treats, I loved that these were all self-explanatory from their pictures and each was so easy to make!
I also saw on Pinterest how to use napkins to create an easy, festive banner:
And finally, we saw this genius idea for kids using sparklers on Pinterest too :)
Here's a sneak peak at our family yesterday. We had a very fun day all together!!
Since we hosted both of these parties at the lake we improvised with hand-written signs to label our food at the beach party and used dollar store serving ware for both occasions. I'd never used their stuff before and I'm almost as smitten with it as I am with Pinterest...especially because if you don't want to clean a particularly messy tray or if something breaks it's like oh well, it only cost you a buck!
Check out how other bloggers are using Pinterest over at the Johnson's blog...

And have a great evening friends!










Comments
Thanks for linking up!!
also, your family is beautiful!
xo