Lakehouse Tour & New Photo Gallery

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a Build-A-Bow set from my new little business HERE and to enter the Hanna Andersson gift card giveaway HERE!!

I haven't had much time to sit down lately, let alone blog, but I kept telling myself that by the end of this week I wanted to share these photos I took of the lake house where we stay for summer weekends and where we got to enjoy an entire month this summer.

I took over 30 photos around the house just before I left after our month-long stay.  Rather than explain each one, I decided to just put them in collage form and let them speak for themselves.  There are 3 bedrooms upstairs, plus a little sitting room off of one bedroom that my father-in-law turned into a little bunk room for the girls.  Each bedroom has a full bathroom and there is a fourth full bathroom on the main floor, so there's always somewhere to shower no matter how many of us are in the house!  Also on the main floor is another twin bed in a side room, though it's rarely used.  There is an open kitchen and family room area, as well as four places to sit down to eat--the kitchen bar, the dining room table, a breakfast table in a side room and out on the deck. 

As I've already conveyed many times before, I can't get enough of this place!


I wasn't planning to share this until it was done, but as I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner, this morning, I saw that the topic for this week's "show us your life" is how to display photos!

Ever since we were in the design phase of building our house, Scott and I have talked about putting a gallery of frames down our long upstairs hallway.  Because of the railing, you can also see much of this hallway from our front door entryway.  Between lack of time and thinking this project would cost a lot more than it did, I kept putting it off.  I would see how much frames cost and kept thinking this would be a $1000 project.  Over the 18 months we've lived here I had picked up a few frames, but I had no intentions of tackling this anytime soon.  Scott would mention every so often that I needed to get the frames for this gallery, but I put it off over and over.

Well, on Wednesday night I discovered the perfect opportunity to finally make our dream photo gallery a reality.  JoAnn Fabrics was having a sale on frames and had clearanced out a TON of black ones.  I also had 20% off of all sale and clearance which made the prices even a bit sweeter.  So I filled a cart with a bunch of frames, all black and with varying designs.  I had no distinct plan in my mind, though I knew if I had too many I could return those which weren't on clearance.  The collage frame was $16 and all the rest were $10 and under--normally the collage frame was $100 and the others were $15-$55.  So I saved, big time!

I decided right away that since I still owed Scott an anniversary present that I would try to surprise him with not only buying the frames, but also hanging them.  For about 10 minutes, I almost thought I couldn't do the hanging part, but once I got started it was a breeze.  So as of last night, this is what our hallway, once a blank wall, now looks like:


I could not be more thrilled with how it turned out.  I measured and marked the walls with pencil and used 3M photo hanging strips to put each frame up (NO nail holes!!).  I strategically covered a small blemish in the wall from when we were building and all we need to do now is put pictures in the frames.  We're going to order some this weekend to add to some we already had prints of.

I wish I had a photo of the boring blank wall before I hung these, but I don't.  It's amazing how much this adds to the house and now I'll have a place for all of the gorgeous photos we have of our girls and our entire family!

Happy Friday everyone :)  My sister and I are taking our 5 kiddos to do something fun today that we did as kids; I'll share many fun photos this weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts