The Storm Before the Calm?
Today is the first official day of summer vacation for Jaden. I look forward to sharing her year-end party and some other things about her in the next few days. Normally I would love to celebrate that school's officially OUT for the summer, but today is all about getting things done. Why? Well because we're getting ready for an entire MONTH long vacation!
I normally don't share that we're not going to be home on our blog until after the trip is over, but this time I'm going to be blogging about our vacation as much as possible so I couldn't wait another moment! (And between someone staying at our house the entire time we're away and our security system, there's as much of a chance for something happening on the homefront as if we were home.)
I'm calling today the storm before the calm because we've had about a gazillion things to deliver, errands to run, loose ends to tie up and items to pack. Whew, today has been a whirlwind and it's not even close to over! We still have a long way to go from the looks of our dining room table (aka packing zone!)
Next week I'll be sure to share details of our week, but to hold you all over until then here are a few iphone pics...
Jaden putting raspberries on her fingers at breakfast (silly girl!):
Fussy teething Bristol ready for a walk in the Moby wrap...
What we saw when we went to the "playground" on Wednesday for a picnic lunch...
Fortunately I have great kiddos who were very understanding about the playground being torn down and the exciting prospect of this new one coming:
And finally, The rainbow of fruit kabobs I made for Jaden's Hawaiian-themed class party yesterday:
I can't wait to just be on vacation and to catch up on this week's blogging, some magazine reading, photo sorting and novel reading while I'm there :)
I normally don't share that we're not going to be home on our blog until after the trip is over, but this time I'm going to be blogging about our vacation as much as possible so I couldn't wait another moment! (And between someone staying at our house the entire time we're away and our security system, there's as much of a chance for something happening on the homefront as if we were home.)
I'm calling today the storm before the calm because we've had about a gazillion things to deliver, errands to run, loose ends to tie up and items to pack. Whew, today has been a whirlwind and it's not even close to over! We still have a long way to go from the looks of our dining room table (aka packing zone!)
Next week I'll be sure to share details of our week, but to hold you all over until then here are a few iphone pics...
Jaden putting raspberries on her fingers at breakfast (silly girl!):
Fussy teething Bristol ready for a walk in the Moby wrap...
What we saw when we went to the "playground" on Wednesday for a picnic lunch...
Fortunately I have great kiddos who were very understanding about the playground being torn down and the exciting prospect of this new one coming:
And finally, The rainbow of fruit kabobs I made for Jaden's Hawaiian-themed class party yesterday:
I can't wait to just be on vacation and to catch up on this week's blogging, some magazine reading, photo sorting and novel reading while I'm there :)







Comments
Have a GREAT vacation! Cannot wait to hear all about it!