Hooligan Glass

hoo·li·gan  [hoo-li-guhn]  

noun
1.a ruffian or hoodlum.
adjective
2.of or like hooligans.
 (courtesy of dictionary.com)

I have an affinity for the word "hooligan."  I use it to describe people who fit the definition or just to be funny.  My children think my use of the word is hilarious, but what's even funnier is to hear them say it.
  


Well, yesterday we had some time to kill so my mom, her friend Mark and I took Jaden and Sienna to the dollar store to look around.  I was looking for some goody bag prizes for an upcoming event and the girls love picking out prizes for only a buck.


Before long both girls had selected some knock-off mini barbie mermaid dolls to buy and could choose one more item.  Jaden chose a second set of the mermaid dolls with different colored fins while Sienna whipped out this plastic luau-themed wine glass and asked,


"Am I allowed to get this? It will be my 'Hooligan glass."


I will admit, under any other circumstances I would've done anything to deter her from picking this to buy as one of her dollar store prizes, but the fact that she called it her "Hooligan glass" had me right there.  I didn't want her to see me laughing, but inside I was CRACKING UP!  

Once in the car, we asked Sienna what she was planning to drink from her new cup and she matter-of-factly replied, "milk, water or orange juice."  This just made me laugh harder inside; oh I would love to see what was going on inside that innocent little mind of hers during all of this!

I have no clue what ever made this child call the wine glass a "Hooligan glass," let alone made her want to buy it.  But I'll say this--she looked so stinkin' cute tonight drinking her milk from the "Hooligan glass" at dinner!

Comments

Caiti Mellott said…
Oh my gosh! I love this! Too funny!

Popular Posts