And the winner is...
Today was my day to catch up on things that were piling up around the house during our busy week and to get ready for dance recital weekend. As I got ready to clean, I decided to check the 20 messages on our answering machine that had racked up over the past few weeks.
We often ignore the home answering machine because people who know us and need us call our cell phones. Little did I know, there were four important messages on there--all alerting us that I'd won a drawing at our local grocery store and that Sienna had won a coloring contest at the same store's babysitting room!
Jaden was listening to the messages with me and as soon as she heard the words "Sienna won the coloring contest" she ran upstairs to tell Sienna who was playing dress up. We couldn't wait another second so we all hopped into my car to pick up our winnings!
I had entered a drawing for a snack basket a few weeks ago, and this is what I won:
Sienna, who colors beautifully for her age, entered the children's coloring contest while she was in the childcare area of the grocery store one day. I remember as I filled out the back of her sheet thinking that we don't win things much and that we'd never hear back about my drawing entry or Sienna's coloring contest. Boy was I WRONG!! Here is Sienna showing off her beautiful clown picture after her bath tonight:
Here is the prize pack she won for her beautiful picture. Inside were all sorts of goodies from sidewalk chalk to bubbles. She also won some candy and kindly shared a sucker with Jaden after dinner :)
Speaking of Jaden, she might not have been a chosen winner of the coloring contest, but she actually was the biggest winner of all today. We received a letter in her school folder describing a recent study done that shows success in students who have the same teacher for consecutive years in school and asking our permission to have Jaden stay with her current teacher for first grade. We are beyond THRILLED! Jaden's teacher is incredible in so many ways and though we never dreamed that this situation would be before us, it certainly would be a dream come true! Jaden also will have most of her same classmates because so many of the other parents are excited at this opportunity and intend to keep their children in this class. Jaden has grown and thrived under the teaching and care of her teacher, and we can't wait for her to learn even more with the instruction of the same teacher next year.
We're all big winners around here today! Here's to a great weekend!
We often ignore the home answering machine because people who know us and need us call our cell phones. Little did I know, there were four important messages on there--all alerting us that I'd won a drawing at our local grocery store and that Sienna had won a coloring contest at the same store's babysitting room!
Jaden was listening to the messages with me and as soon as she heard the words "Sienna won the coloring contest" she ran upstairs to tell Sienna who was playing dress up. We couldn't wait another second so we all hopped into my car to pick up our winnings!
I had entered a drawing for a snack basket a few weeks ago, and this is what I won:
Sienna, who colors beautifully for her age, entered the children's coloring contest while she was in the childcare area of the grocery store one day. I remember as I filled out the back of her sheet thinking that we don't win things much and that we'd never hear back about my drawing entry or Sienna's coloring contest. Boy was I WRONG!! Here is Sienna showing off her beautiful clown picture after her bath tonight:
Here is the prize pack she won for her beautiful picture. Inside were all sorts of goodies from sidewalk chalk to bubbles. She also won some candy and kindly shared a sucker with Jaden after dinner :)
Speaking of Jaden, she might not have been a chosen winner of the coloring contest, but she actually was the biggest winner of all today. We received a letter in her school folder describing a recent study done that shows success in students who have the same teacher for consecutive years in school and asking our permission to have Jaden stay with her current teacher for first grade. We are beyond THRILLED! Jaden's teacher is incredible in so many ways and though we never dreamed that this situation would be before us, it certainly would be a dream come true! Jaden also will have most of her same classmates because so many of the other parents are excited at this opportunity and intend to keep their children in this class. Jaden has grown and thrived under the teaching and care of her teacher, and we can't wait for her to learn even more with the instruction of the same teacher next year.
We're all big winners around here today! Here's to a great weekend!





Comments