Memphis Kiddie Park
We are fortunate to have a wide variety of parks, museums, two zoos, multiple theaters, collegiate and national sports teams and many other activities near our home to keep our family busy throughout the year. There is always something new I'm discovering to do for fun with my girls, and two summers ago I was introduced to what has now become a seasonal tradition for us--Memphis Kiddie Park.
Located just 20 minutes from our house, this little park is a preschool or elementary school age child's dream come true. There are 11 childrens rides I believe, a concession stand and a mini-golf course. It seems small and quaint to me as an adult, but I'm sure in the eyes of the children it's huge.
Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to Memphis Kiddie Park with our preschool parents group and there was no way I was passing it up. I even let Jaden skip school (I know, I know, bad Mommy--but she's in preschool for goodness sakes and I like to tell myself a little extracurricular "field trip" is okay once in awhile!) so that she would not miss out on the fun. Bristol joined us too and thanks to the cool temperatures, she got to get cozy in her most favorite spot:
Sienna rode every single ride--even the kiddie coaster, while Jaden rode all but the coaster. The kiddie coaster circles the track twice and both last August and on this trip Sienna was all smiles the first time around the track, but looked a bit nervous on round two. She was so proud of herself for going on it though and made sure her Daddy knew all about it the moment he arrived home from work last evening.
The best part of this trip is that we were able to spend some time with friends while enjoying the rides. Jaden and Sienna are both becoming such social butterflies these days (wonder who they got that from!) and act so cute with their little girl and boy friends. It warmed my heart to see them all jump onto a ride together as a group giggling and having a great time. It seems like just yesterday we were having "playdates" where it was just parallel play going on among all of the children and I'm sure in the blink of an eye I'll be worrying about my girls being out driving around with their friends. All I know is that I hope they hang out with the friends they've made through our preschool parents long into their teenage years because they sure are a great group of kids!
It was not only a fun day for the kids, but also us moms as we watched our children enjoy themselves and got to chat a little in between running around after the little ones. We moms even got to have an uninterrupted conversation or two while we watched the kids on the rides--and if you're a parent reading this then you know what a treat an undisturbed exchange of words really is!!
So overall, it was another fun day at the kiddie park, our best day yet going there I might add. I'd love to take the girls there once more this summer since they love it so much and who knows, maybe we'll need to invite our preschool parents group friends along again!
Located just 20 minutes from our house, this little park is a preschool or elementary school age child's dream come true. There are 11 childrens rides I believe, a concession stand and a mini-golf course. It seems small and quaint to me as an adult, but I'm sure in the eyes of the children it's huge.Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to Memphis Kiddie Park with our preschool parents group and there was no way I was passing it up. I even let Jaden skip school (I know, I know, bad Mommy--but she's in preschool for goodness sakes and I like to tell myself a little extracurricular "field trip" is okay once in awhile!) so that she would not miss out on the fun. Bristol joined us too and thanks to the cool temperatures, she got to get cozy in her most favorite spot:
Sienna rode every single ride--even the kiddie coaster, while Jaden rode all but the coaster. The kiddie coaster circles the track twice and both last August and on this trip Sienna was all smiles the first time around the track, but looked a bit nervous on round two. She was so proud of herself for going on it though and made sure her Daddy knew all about it the moment he arrived home from work last evening.
The best part of this trip is that we were able to spend some time with friends while enjoying the rides. Jaden and Sienna are both becoming such social butterflies these days (wonder who they got that from!) and act so cute with their little girl and boy friends. It warmed my heart to see them all jump onto a ride together as a group giggling and having a great time. It seems like just yesterday we were having "playdates" where it was just parallel play going on among all of the children and I'm sure in the blink of an eye I'll be worrying about my girls being out driving around with their friends. All I know is that I hope they hang out with the friends they've made through our preschool parents long into their teenage years because they sure are a great group of kids!
It was not only a fun day for the kids, but also us moms as we watched our children enjoy themselves and got to chat a little in between running around after the little ones. We moms even got to have an uninterrupted conversation or two while we watched the kids on the rides--and if you're a parent reading this then you know what a treat an undisturbed exchange of words really is!!
So overall, it was another fun day at the kiddie park, our best day yet going there I might add. I'd love to take the girls there once more this summer since they love it so much and who knows, maybe we'll need to invite our preschool parents group friends along again!


Comments