Jaden's 1st Dance Recital

Today Jaden is performing in her very first dance recital.  Before I ever had children I dreamed of a day when I would have a daughter to enroll in dance classes and to watch on the big stage.  So today dreams of mine will come true as I watch my beautiful little princess light up the stage.  I hope I can make it through the whole performance without tears filling my eyes!

Here are a few photos from the dress rehearsal...

A quick photo of Jaden in the middle of getting her makeup on.  Wow, I almost didn't even recognize her with the makeup on!  

In full costume and ready for her ballet performance!

Jaden is the one in the center with the beautiful arabesque!  She danced so gracefully during rehearsal!

A few quick changes to her outfit and she was all ready for her tap number.

Jaden came up with this pose herself--so sassy I tell ya!  As you can see she wears the same leotard for both of her dances and just has to switch out accessories.  It's perfect for 5-year-olds since it can be overwhelming to have to completely change backstage.  I commend her teacher for thinking of this :)

Jaden is in the center dancing her tap number with her wand.  Like I was as a kid, she has such enthusiasm when she tap dances.  Seeing her enjoy it so much brings back all of the wonderful memories I have of performing my tap dances over the years!

Tonight is the first of two shows and I think I might be more excited than my little performer!  At rehearsal as she anxiously awaited her turn to take the stage for the first time I asked if she was nervous.  She quickly snapped back, "what?  when's it my turn??!!"--with zero nervousness at all.  That's my girl!  I know she'll do great tonight and tomorrow.  More photos to come :)

Comments

Popular Posts