Bristol--2 Months Old!

How can it be possible that as of last Saturday, Bristol has been a part of our family for 2 whole months?!?!  Time is flying by even more quickly now than it did the first month, and we're enjoying every quick moment that passes with our precious baby girl!

Bristol Grace, you are the sweetest baby girl a mama could ask for.  I enjoy every single thing about you, even the random 5am feeding you needed last night after sleeping 8-9 hours through the night for almost two weeks!  You bring a smile to my face many times every day and to everyone's face who sees you.  Your sisters and your daddy adore you too.  I cannot even describe the joy and happiness you bring to our family.

You weigh 12 lbs 1 oz and are 23 inches long--wow girl!  How was it that you wouldn't gain weight for the first 3+ weeks of your life?  Now you are a little chunk and I love every little roll :)  You still wear size 1 diapers, although I think once we're out of these ones we may try a size 2.  If nothing more, your thighs might be ready for the size 2--haha!  You still wear your 0-3 month clothes and we're starting to try on some of the smallish-looking 3-6 month clothes.  Most of your summer wardrobe is 3-6 months so I guess it's a good thing we're going into those clothes a little early!

You eat 6 times each day on an almost perfectly regular schedule.  You'll have 5oz at 6-7am, 4oz at 9am, noon, 3:30pm & 6pm and then 5 oz at 9pm.  Mama had to go back on some medication for my Ulcerative Colitis when you were 5 weeks old and since there aren't any approved UC meds for breastfeeding, I had to stop pumping :-(  I felt especially guilty since as we alternated breastmilk with formula during the transition it was quite obvious which you preferred.  Now that you've adapted to formula though you're doing great and don't leave a single drop in the bottle at each feeding--that's my girl!

You smile ALL.THE.TIME.  It is the cutest thing to see and even though it's often, my heart melts every time.  You've been smiling at Mommy since you were 36 hours old, but the week of May 8th you really started smiling at everyone.  You also have started cooing when someone talks to you.  I love how social you've become and enjoy our little "conversations" every day!


Your Grammy always tells me that her babies (Me, Uncle Seth & Aunt Mandy) all slept a stretch as long as their age in weeks at night.  Sure enough, you did not disappoint and have been doing the exact same thing!  Once you turned 5 weeks old, the long stretch of your sleep was 5 hours, at 6 weeks it was 6 hours and now we're up to 9 hour stretches--woohoo!  About once a week you surprise me with a really early wake-up-call, but in general you sleep extremely well.  I thank you each morning by covering you in kisses and holding you for as long as I can because I need to fill up your "snuggle tank" after such a long sleep!

You slept in your own bed for the first time on Wednesday the 1st.  You slept the longest of our three girls in your cradle and I honestly thought I'd never let you sleep upstairs until you were 1.  We did it though and you're doing very well in your own bed.  Even though we still swaddle you every night, you scoot across the whole bed and yesterday (6/6) I found you turned 90 degrees around from how I'd put you down the night before.  I would've taken a photo if you hadn't been fussing and hungry as soon as I found you that way.

You are still a Mama's girl big time.  I think it's a combination of me knowing how to comfort you best plus me spoiling you (oops--swore I'd never do that!).  I know how quickly this time with you passes so I hold you a LOT, walking around with you, bouncing you and rocking you as needed.  Like I said last month though, you'll be a Daddy's girl soon enough so I'll take this time with you favoring me and cherish it!


You love to stare at the TV or at natural light coming in through a window.  At times when I need to get a few things done I can just lie you down on your lounger looking at the TV or out our family room windows and you'll stay calm and stare.  Speaking of staring, you love to gaze right into the eyes of the star on your baby gym and now that you're cooing, you even talk to the star face.  Daddy & I laughed when an email from babycenter.com arrived with a list of "how to tell your baby loves you."  It said your infant loves you because she stares at you; well I guess in that case you not only love us, but are head over heels for your starface!  ha!

Tornadoes have been prevalent in the midwest over the past month and we had our first ever family scare.  During a tornado warning on xx/xx/xx (the first one we've ever had since Daddy & I have been married!) the meteorologists showed an arrow on the TV where they thought the greatest areas of danger were and it was going RIGHT OVER OUR HOUSE!   Mommy was terrified and we all spent some time in the basement.  You were an angel throughout the whole ordeal just sitting in your bouncy seat looking around at my craft supplies down there.  Praise God the tornado didn't happen and our family was safe.

We did tummy time for the first time on May 13th and have been doing more and more tummy time every day.  You were obviously uncomfortable with it at first, but now you lift up your head a little bit and look around, calm as could be.  I lie on my tummy right with you the whole time, although I think you're more interested in your bright play mat than Mama!


You had your very first babysitters this month--Grandma Jan and Grandpa Gary were your first sitters while Mommy & Daddy went to a meeting for your big sister's preschool, and then Aunt Lindsey watched you while we went to Jaden's first dance recital.  You were very good for your sitters, although you didn't want to go to bed for Aunt Lindsey.  I'm glad we have family around when we're in a pinch because I don't trust anyone else to watch you yet.  Maybe when you're a little bigger...

This month with the schedule you've developed you're very easy to predict and to take out of the house.  You are a perfect angel on errands and even take naps and stay asleep throughout multiple stops.  I know this won't always be the case, but we sure love it right now!  Thanks to your easygoing nature while on the go, we've been able to go to the Zoo, Memphis Kiddie Park, Thomas the Train and many other places this month!


Just like your big sisters, you've fallen in love with snuggly blankets.  You have three that we interchange and we definitely don't let you take them to bed at this point.  When you are fussy and we don't know why, these soft little blankets always calm you down.  You clutch them in your tiny, chubby hands which, like everything you do, melts my heart!

When you lie on your back you always put your hands behind your head as if to say, "ahhh...relaxation."  I'm starting to think you're doing that because you're reaching to feel your hair, but I'm not sure.  It's just one more cute thing you do that shows your littler personality coming out already!

You are obsessed with all light fixtures whether the lights are on or not.  You stare at them in awe.  You also love your side-to-side swing not just for the movement, but also because you can stare at the little birdies that spin around as you swing.  Like your snuggly blankets, staring at a light fixture or your birdies makes you so calm!


On June 4th, the day you turned 2 months old, Daddy said, "you definitely are a beach baby" because you just wanted to be outside on the hot day we were having.  You would be perfectly content outside watching as big sis Sienna played and Daddy did some things in the garage and yard, but the moment you were taken inside you would fuss and cry.  I hope you really are a beach baby because we'll be spending a lot of time by the pool and Lake Erie all summer!

You still love the moby wrap a lot!  I think this month we'll break out the baby bjorn too and see how you do facing outwards.  You're starting to turn your head a lot to see what's going on around you so I think you'd enjoy seeing the world from the bjorn.


I am enjoying you so much and thank God everyday for you.  Little Bristol, you are so perfect and are such a good baby.  I accomplish far less these days than ever before, but you are worth it and I can't imagine life anymore without you.  Thank you for brightening my every day and for giving me, your daddy and your sisters so many reasons to smile.  Happy 2 months my little Goo-goo Girl!



And now, for Bristol's PSA on SIDS:


Each month to keep all of our photos alike, we'll be taking Bristol's photo in her crib complete with her quilt, pillow, bumper pads, etc.  But please note that Bristol only sleeps in her crib now with nothing but herself and her swaddle blanket.  Keeping other items in her bed would increase her risk of SIDS and we don't want to risk that!  Bristol highly recommends that her other baby friends sleep in their beds without other fluffy blankets and bumper pads too :)

Comments

Popular Posts