It's BACK! Weight Loss Wednesday

I did it, I finally went to my Weight Watchers meeting AND got back into the gym. I hit the eliptical and bike for the first time yesterday, ran outside today and logged all of my Weight Watchers Points Plus today. I always said while I was pregnant that June 1 was the day I'd get back to the program, and even thought I technically joined WW two weeks ago, I did not really take it seriously until today. Here are the week's stats:

Weight Loss This Week: 1.4 lbs (just by chance, not by my efforts per se)

Total Weight Loss So Far: 1.4 lbs (ok, technically a lot more since Bristol was born, but we're starting from a clean slate here since that weight dropped off easily and now I'm going to have to put forth some serious effort!)

Eating Plan: Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS

Exercise Plan: To work out 3-4 times per week. I need to start somewhere, and this is the goal I feel most comfortable with while juggling three kiddos, one being an infant and a very busy summer approaching.

New Weight Loss or Lifestyle Knowledge to Share: I knew it was time to get back on the plan when I started to feel way too full after meals. The feeling of being full is uncomfortable while the feeling of being satisfied feels great. WW helps me to keep the great feeling, and plus I need to get this weight off anyway!

Recipes to Share:Not yet, but some will be coming I'm sure!

Favorite {Low point / low calorie} Food Finds:None yet. If you have any WW points plus suggestions, I'll take 'em! Being new to this plan, I'm still juggling all of the new points values, finding my "go-to" snacks and easy meals, and figuring out how to allocate my points throughout a day of meals.

Goals This Week: Technically, I did nothing to lose the 1.4 I lost so far. So this week, I'm going to stick to my points target, work out 4 times and lift for the first time since having Bristol. Since I have extra water weight to lose, I'd like to see at least a 2 lb. deficit on the scale next Wednesday morning!

Overall Goals: To lose at least 30 lbs, to get back on an exercise plan and to stick to the WW plan!

I honestly CANNOT believe I'm sharing this, but I need to feel accountable to myself and I need encouragement to stick to the program, so here is a photo Scott took of me tonight after my run. Please do not judge!


Now do you see why I'd like to lose 30 lbs? I'm not sure I'm ready to divulge my current weight to the whole world here, or if I'd ever be ready, but let's just say that I'm a pound heavier than I was when I started WW last year, so I have 23 lbs to lose to get back to where I was, and I'd like to lose just a little bit more than that in order to fit into a few pants that were still uncomfortably snug last summer.

That said, can I tell you that it's more than a little disheartening that after all of the effort I put forth last year, I'm back to square 1 all over again? :-( I can do it, I know I can, but it stings a bit to be where I'm at.

I know this post is making your eyes hurt at this point, but I wanted to touch on one more weight loss related item--the Body Bugg. What is it, you ask? Well take a look:


No, this isn't a "diabetic arm band" as a waitress once referred to it. This device tracks every movement I make, every step I take, my body temperature, my heart rate and best of all, the calories I burn every minute of everyday. Even while sleeping, I'm burning calories and the Bugg is tracking it. It calculates how many minutes I'm physically active during the day vs. sedentary and guides me through setting goals in a variety of areas related to healthy eating and fitness. Throughout the day I can upload my information onto the Body Bugg website to see how I'm doing in meeting my caloric intake / expenditure goals. No, it cannot automatically track what I eat, but I can easily input the foods I've eaten throughout the day to see what my ultimate caloric deficit is for each day.

I used the Body Bugg briefly last summer until I became so nauseous with morning sickness that there was no need to track calories consumed vs. calories burned--no way was I eating enough to need the pressure of the Bugg to make me burn more! But today, the Bugg is back on my arm and tracking away.

The primary reason for my Bugg is to help me to set goals as far as burning calories. I do great with WW for an eating plan, but I sometimes need to nudge myself to burn off more of what I'm eating and seeing the numbers in plain sight is enough for me to get up and burn when needed. I've even been known to start running up and down stairs or walking in circles around the house at 11pm so as to burn the necessary calories to meet my daily goals...ahem, did I just admit that?

I could easily just track my calorie intake / expenditure using the Bugg and forget WW completely, but the WW meetings, my friends in the WW community and the WW literature are all far too valuable to me. Combining the Bugg and WW keeps me focused on my goals and shows me progress in more ways than just the scale along the way!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the Bugg, and because I know it will be asked, the Bugg is over 90% accurate.

Happy Weight Loss Wednesday everyone! Now go rest your eyes :)

Comments

Life Happens said…
You were successful at it before so I'm sure you can do it again! You are one busy mamma! Good luck!
Jillian said…
Yay for weight loss:) and I'm going to have to look into that bug thing! And if someone took a photo of me after a workou it would be scary! You however look great!
Shena said…
Hey girl you are doing great! I just want to let you know that I use a program called MyFitnessPal.com. You can track all of your food and exercise and its almost facebook-like. You have friends and there is a great community page where you can ask questions and get answers to ANYTHING weight loss/fitness related! There is also a phone app if you cant get to a computer. Its neat because you can actually scan the barcode on whatever you are eating and it will log it for you! Just a thought if you're interested take a look! Im also interested in this Body Bugg. I am looking into getting a heart rate monitor, but maybe this is even better?

Popular Posts