Snowed in!
Over the weekend we ventured out a few times with very little trouble getting around. Then Sunday night (after we got home from Scott's birthday dinner--more about that later!) we got completely DUMPED on with snow!! So yesterday, Jaden had a snow day and today we had to unearth my snow-covered car to brave the treacherous roads because school was back in session. I've got my yardstick ready for the next time I head outside to measure how much snow we've gotten. Most places that haven't been shoveled at all are definitely above my knees. I'm estimating 15-18 inches of snow has fallen in less than 48 hours!!
Here is my COVERED deck; all of this snow is just what could get in from the sides!!
Our backyard this morning...when I was really dreading braving the roads to take Jaden to school.
At least my girls look super cute all bundled up; that sure brightened my coooooold morning!
Yesterday was a great day for Jaden to have off school, especially since I wasn't expecting it. The girls were playing dress up by 8:30am and around 9 I suggested that we roll out the gingerbread dough I'd made the day before. Thanks to my two little princesses all dolled up in dress-up fashions, we made a few dozen gingerbread men!



They each tried one before I did the final step--an icing drizzle. I did that part this morning and now they not only taste even more sweet, but they are so pretty! I drizzled homemade powdered sugar icing in lines over each gingerbread man. These are Scott's favorite holiday cookies so he'll be excited to have a few for dessert tonight :)
Aside from making the gingerbread men, these past few days have been full of playing games, the girls watching a movie while I wrapped Christmas gifts, doing laundry, coloring pictures and more. We also made peanut-butter-cup blossom type cookies yesterday and finished them up this morning. While it was fun to be snowed in, I'm glad that the roads were better this afternoon because after we picked Jaden up from school we were able to do the last of our holiday shopping and it was just nice for each of us to get out into society after being bored of our house!
And finally...I guess I either need to suck it up and find some snowpants that will fit this big belly because the one thing my girls missed out on yesterday was playing in the snow...bad mommy. I have to admit as a snow-hating-gal that it was kinda nice to use the "pants don't fit" excuse....
Happy {snowy} Tuesday everyone!
Here is my COVERED deck; all of this snow is just what could get in from the sides!!
Our backyard this morning...when I was really dreading braving the roads to take Jaden to school.
At least my girls look super cute all bundled up; that sure brightened my coooooold morning!
Yesterday was a great day for Jaden to have off school, especially since I wasn't expecting it. The girls were playing dress up by 8:30am and around 9 I suggested that we roll out the gingerbread dough I'd made the day before. Thanks to my two little princesses all dolled up in dress-up fashions, we made a few dozen gingerbread men!


They each tried one before I did the final step--an icing drizzle. I did that part this morning and now they not only taste even more sweet, but they are so pretty! I drizzled homemade powdered sugar icing in lines over each gingerbread man. These are Scott's favorite holiday cookies so he'll be excited to have a few for dessert tonight :)Aside from making the gingerbread men, these past few days have been full of playing games, the girls watching a movie while I wrapped Christmas gifts, doing laundry, coloring pictures and more. We also made peanut-butter-cup blossom type cookies yesterday and finished them up this morning. While it was fun to be snowed in, I'm glad that the roads were better this afternoon because after we picked Jaden up from school we were able to do the last of our holiday shopping and it was just nice for each of us to get out into society after being bored of our house!
And finally...I guess I either need to suck it up and find some snowpants that will fit this big belly because the one thing my girls missed out on yesterday was playing in the snow...bad mommy. I have to admit as a snow-hating-gal that it was kinda nice to use the "pants don't fit" excuse....
Happy {snowy} Tuesday everyone!


Comments