Getting situated

I hope that each of you reading this had as wonderful a Christmas as we did :)

As I type I am facing a wall of about 10-12 large boxes on my dining room wall. As I type I could also easily walk into my kitchen or family room where many more boxes no reside because I'm typing from my new laptop! I haven't had a laptop since college and my fabulous husband picked out the perfect one for me this Christmas. I feel very fortunate, spoiled even.

The boxes in the dining room are new as of yesterday when we packed up every single kitchen cupboard, all of the Christmas decorations and everything in our two hall coat closets. Thanks to a TON of help from my mom and aunt, I can say now that we are 80% packed! We'll be moving in the next 10 days, just as soon as all of the final inspections at the new place are done and the cleaning crew makes everything there sparkle.

In the meantime when I've not been packing since Christmas, I've been enjoying my family and playing with all of Jaden's and Sienna's new toys. Well, and I've been opening all of those new toys and removing hundreds of pieces of stubborn plastic, twist ties, the stickiest tape in the universe, etc. I'll tell ya, just getting a toy out of a box these days can be a full-on workout for this pregnant chick! ha!

I'll be getting my photo software set up very soon on this computer and will be posting many photos and precious moments from the past few days. I think I'll be able to find time to do that in the middle of packing a few more boxes anyway...

Just wanted to check in and briefly update all of you kind and thoughtful readers. I hope you're enjoying life post-Christmas and gearing up for ringing in 2011!

XOXO--BV

Comments

Jillian said…
Does this mean the new house is ready????

Popular Posts