23 weeks pregnant!

This week I am 23 weeks pregnant with Baby Girl Vitt! I can't hardly believe how time flies. Here are a few photos from the past few weeks...

{19 weeks along, baby was the size of a large heirloom tomato; I couldn't find a "large" one, so I'm also holding up this barbie doll because the ultrasound tech told me just a few days before that she was about as long as a barbie!}

{20 weeks along, baby was as long as a banana}

{21 weeks along, baby was as long as a carrot}

{22 weeks along, baby was as long as a spaghetti squash; funny thing was that our store didn't have ANY regular size spaghetti squashes so I'm holding a "personal size" spaghetti squash as the produce grocer called it; ha!}


Pregnancy Highlights {This Week}:
How Far Along: 23 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Vitt is as big as a mango! Of course I could only find small mangoes, so imagine she's actually bigger than the one I'm holding :)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my appointment last week, I've gained 16 lbs. I've not been too happy about seeing the scale go up, but my Dr. commented on how well my weight gain has been so far. I guess if you look at it as being over the halfway mark, it's not so bad. I'm hoping to keep my weight gain to about 30 lbs total!

Maternity Clothes: Wearing 100% maternity clothes now! I do have some open front sweaters that I wear which aren't maternity, but look very cute with my belly sticking out :)

Gender: It's a GIRL :) Name not fully decided upon, but I love one that starts with an "E" :)

Movement: YES! Lots! This week she seems to be making bigger movements and I love feeling her twist and turn and kick!

Sleep: Last Friday I told my friend that I've been sleeping great and not even waking up during the night for bathroom breaks. Well guess what, this week I've woken up every single night now--go figure! I either wake up having to go to the bathroom or because Scott is tickling my side to make me stop snoring, i.e. stop sleeping on my back. I tend to end up on my back no matter how hard I try to sleep on my side, but at least then I start snoring which wakes him up so then I get a reminder tickle to turn over again!

What I miss: Being able to just lie down on my belly for a little bit! I have SUCH a strong desire to lie on my stomach!

Cravings: Anything with Panera's greek dressing--salad, a sandwich, anything! Also I started my holiday baking this week and I can't seem to keep my hands out of the peanut butter cup cookies :)

Symptoms: Feeling fantastic...I have lots of energy right now and only if I do too much during a single day do I feel tired and sore. I'm not sick at all, just enjoying the 2nd trimester bliss!

Best Moment this week: Finally finding fabrics I love for the baby's bedding and curtains...I'll share soon! Also last week my favorite moment was Wednesday night when I put my hand on my lower belly and the baby kicked my hand right away. It was awesome!

Comments

Lisa B. said…
How exciting!!! Great photos!
Life Happens said…
You look fabulous!! I hear you about the sleeping! I always end up on my back too. And those bathroom wake up calls are a pain.

I can't wait to see the fabrics you picked for the baby's room!
Jillian said…
You look so great!! I love your cute little belly!! My doctor hasn't mentioned once that my weight gain is good:) Must be gaining too much!
Hope your days would be happy all the time...Glad to read about your movements, symptoms etc.,If you feel like most days are going good days, having this type of support can help you get through your bad days easier. Don't let you godown....keep healthy pregnancy.

Popular Posts