25 Weeks
On Sunday 12/12 I was 24 weeks pregnant. Baby Vitt was as long as an ear of corn and since I thought my chances of finding corn in December were mighty slim here in Ohio I made it a fun project for Jaden, Sienna and I to color ears or corn that I printed from the internet.
On Sunday the 19th I was 25 weeks pregnant and Baby Vitt now weighs as much as a rutabaga!

I would take them to the new house, put them against the wall and in most cases, find that the colors were just not right. That is, until, I found the most beautiful assortment of fabrics from Dena Fishbein. Here I am lining those fabrics up on the wall...

They were perfect! I chose 5 of the 7 fabrics to use on the baby's quilt, bumper pad, curtains, etc. Here they are up close:
Just after Christmas I'll be ordering the bedding and then my talented stepmom is going to make the baby's curtains. I'll be sure to share when it all comes together!
On Sunday the 19th I was 25 weeks pregnant and Baby Vitt now weighs as much as a rutabaga!
Pregnancy Highlights {This Week}:
How Far Along: 25 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Vitt weighs as much as a rutabaga!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my last appointment, I've gained 16 lbs. I believe that according to my scale I've added 5 more to that in the past 4 weeks, but I'm not positive.
Maternity Clothes: Most things are maternity, some stretchy leggings and tights, as well as open sweaters are not.
Gender: It's a GIRL :) Name not fully decided upon, but we're considering 3 right now and open to suggestions!
Movement: YES! Lots! This week she seems to be making bigger movements and I love feeling her twist and turn and kick!
Sleep: Hit or miss...I started sleeping with a pillow behind my back this week to help me not roll over and that seems to help my quality of sleep to be better, but I can't sleep too long now...
What I miss: Long nights of sleep, being able to lie down on my stomach to play with my girls.
Cravings: Tomato sauce (pizza / spaghetti), extra crispy chicken wings, grape juice and this week my sister helped me to make the most amazing omlet so now I can't get my mind off of eggs and bacon! ha! This is especially ironic since I usually don't eat eggs more than 5-6 times a year, and now I'd take them every day!
Symptoms: Still feeling wonderful, almost too wonderful!
Best Moment this week: Feeling Baby Vitt move more and realizing that she doesn't like when I cross my arms over my belly--she immediately kicks them! Also, getting a LOT of packing done so that we can move to our new house in two weeks :) Thanks to my mom, sister Mandy and sister Lindsey!The last time I posted about my pregnancy I shared that I'd FINALLY nailed down some fabrics for Baby Vitt's room. Let me start by saying that you should NEVER paint a room without knowing what you're putting in it. I wanted to paint the baby's room lavender since I've been surrounded by a lot of pink for 5+ years, but little did I know that lavender bedding is so hard to come by!
I scoured the internet looking for someone I could trust to custom-make the baby's bedding and once I found someone I thought she'd have many fabrics to choose from for me, but I was wrong. She is a WONDERFUL seamstress, but I still had to search for days to find fabrics, order swatches and see what best matched the purple color on the walls.
Here are SOME of the swatches I ordered from various etsy and fabric sites:
I scoured the internet looking for someone I could trust to custom-make the baby's bedding and once I found someone I thought she'd have many fabrics to choose from for me, but I was wrong. She is a WONDERFUL seamstress, but I still had to search for days to find fabrics, order swatches and see what best matched the purple color on the walls.
Here are SOME of the swatches I ordered from various etsy and fabric sites:
I would take them to the new house, put them against the wall and in most cases, find that the colors were just not right. That is, until, I found the most beautiful assortment of fabrics from Dena Fishbein. Here I am lining those fabrics up on the wall...
They were perfect! I chose 5 of the 7 fabrics to use on the baby's quilt, bumper pad, curtains, etc. Here they are up close:
Just after Christmas I'll be ordering the bedding and then my talented stepmom is going to make the baby's curtains. I'll be sure to share when it all comes together!


Comments