Weight Loss Wednesday

Okay, so I know it's actually early Thursday morning, but I was SOOO exhausted last night that I went to bed at 9pm! Having a horrible headache didn't help matters! I think I just crammed way too many things into one day with zero downtime. I could do this just fine when it was just me / me & Scott / me & 1 child, but me and 2 of my own children plus helping a friend out with her baby yesterday--PURE EXHAUSTION!!

Anyway, despite my evening exhaustion, I had a great day @ weight watchers :)

Weight Loss This Week:
2.6 lbs!!! I was thrilled!

Total Weight Loss So Far: 12.6 lbs

Diet Plan: Still Weight Watchers and loving it!

Exercise Plan: Cardio 5x per week and Weights 3x per week; over this past week I made SURE to fit in all 5 sessions of cardio and 3 sessions of weights! I plan to do the same this week :)

New Weight Loss Knowledge to Share: This is not "new" per se to me, but if you write everything down that you are eating, it really helps to put your caloric intake into perspective. Pre-weight watchers I would eat more than double the number of calories as I am eating now thinking nothing of it. I would not snack on healthy things which left me still hungry. I thought "snack" was synonymous with chips or something else that was salty and crunchy. A snack can definitely fit those terms, but doesn't always have to be! Use this little rhyme to help you to write EVERYTHING down:

"If you bite it, write it
If you nibble it, scribble it
If you snack it, track it
If your choice is green
It will make you LEAN"--

The last part about being green actually refers not just to green fruits / veggies, but to the fact that weight watchers puts a green diamond next to all of the foods that make you full longer, have a lot of fiber, low fat, low sugar, etc. Think brown rice, an apple, carrots, fiber 1 cereal, etc. But I suppose if you just stuck to eating green foods you would be pretty lean too!!

New Diet Knowledge to Share: Just the write it down method I mentioned above :)

Recipes to Share: None this week!

Favorite {Diet} Food Finds:

I don't have a photo this week, but I learned that you can order any salad from a fast food type of restaurant without chicken on it. So if you have another type of protein you'd like to eat instead, say a small can of tuna or a protein shake and you don't want meat on your salad, then you can order it sans meat! I did this yesterday and took my salad to a party where I knew there were going to be tons of unhealthy foods (pizza, cookies, cheese and cracker trays, etc). I told myself I could eat something unhealthy as long as I ate the whole salad and my little deal with myself worked out :)

Goals This Week: To lose 1 lb: to lift 3 times; to do my cardio 5 times; to eat more veggies throughout the day--carrot sticks are STILL something I need to add to my daily menu!

Overall Goals: To hit the gym 5x per week; To lose 23 more lbs; To lose an average of 1lb. per week! I'd like to be at my goal by my birthday which is in July!

So now I have to ask...are any of YOU on a diet right now?? What's working for YOU? Any advice, tips, or good foods to share?

Comments

Popular Posts