Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Copycat :)
Happy Valentine's Day blogger world :) We have had a wonderful week celebrating love--love of one another, love for our friends and love for our extended family (which reminds me...valentine cards are running a tad bit late but are in the mail grandmas!!).
In celebrating Valentine's day we started off the week with Jaden painting and coloring valentines for each of her classmates and teachers. We then made up little bags for each of her classmates with homemade heart-shaped crayons and stickers. When we were advised not to send candy to the school valentine party, I was so happy I'd seen instructions for making heart-shaped crayons here!! One of the reasons I love reading blogs so much is for the ideas I can gather, like this one!



Jaden signed each of the handmade cards she crafted, but I signed her name on the little treat bags for time's sake. It sure is tough for a little 4-year-old to make and sign 28 valentines!! She did such a good job though!
Not only did Jaden celebrate Valentine's day at school, but we also attended our friend Joey's annual party and exchanged notes and treats there, and we attended our preschool parents' group party too! Unfortunately, I didn't photograph the girls at either party--oops, sorry :)
Last night Scott and I went out to dinner and did some furniture store browsing as our Valentine's day date. I'm thoroughly enjoying browsing stores and websites for new little things we're going to need for our house! We aren't buying anything just yet, but I have two things chosen for sure and dozens of other things that we like. So while it may seem odd to some that we would spend the second half of our date at Arhaus, to us, it was exciting as we talked and planned out things for the new house. Speaking of new house, did you pick up on the fact that I posted Scott's rendering of it last Wednesday? Yup, that's what the new digs are going to look like :) I can't wait to start digging the hole and then framing the house. I'll keep you posted with photos along the way!
Back to Valentine's day though...
This morning we woke up early, I made Scott a turkey and cheese omelet and we gave Jaden and Sienna a few Valentine treats. Then we exchanged gifts with one another. Scott gave Jaden and Sienna each a little plant for their rooms and I gave them a bag filled with books, coloring books, a littlest pet shop figurine, their favorite snacks, etc. Sienna also got a little play horse to ride around on and we got Jaden a new leapster game. Scott gave me a new charm for my pandora bracelet, a bouquet of roses and tulips (tulips are my FAVORITE!!) and a free hour this afternoon to do whatever I wanted while he took the girls outside to play. I gave Scott a gift certificate to go to brew his own beer at a place near our house called the Brewkettle. Plus I already booked our reservation to go to brew for May 13th because they book up WAY in advance! Scott & I brewed 70 or so beers there a year ago and they're all gone now so time to make some more!!




This afternoon was Sienna's first time playing in the snow this year. When Scott offered to take them out for a whole hour I felt like I was given a little taste of heaven. He told me to watch whatever I wanted on TV (because I always am complaining that I don't get to watch my shows!) so I left the dirty kitchen alone and laid down to relax....ahhhh it was blissful! Of course before I could lie down I helped to get the girls geared up for their time in the snow...

They had fun with their Daddy and they actually built a snowman, but by the time I thought to take a photo of it, it was already dark outside. I'll take one tomorrow!!
We invited Scott's dad over for dinner and I made pot roast, potatoes, carrots and salad. Then for dessert I copied directions from here to make little petit fours! They were SO easy and looked really cute, but fondant is really not tasty :-( I tried a teeny bite, but everyone else ignored the play-doh consistency of fondant and ate an entire little cake each! I might try to make my own marshmallow fondant sometime to do these again and maybe they will taste a little better. They sure were cute though!

So our Valentine's day was just perfect. I hope that each of you had a great one too! Enjoy a "love"ly evening everyone!
In celebrating Valentine's day we started off the week with Jaden painting and coloring valentines for each of her classmates and teachers. We then made up little bags for each of her classmates with homemade heart-shaped crayons and stickers. When we were advised not to send candy to the school valentine party, I was so happy I'd seen instructions for making heart-shaped crayons here!! One of the reasons I love reading blogs so much is for the ideas I can gather, like this one!



Jaden signed each of the handmade cards she crafted, but I signed her name on the little treat bags for time's sake. It sure is tough for a little 4-year-old to make and sign 28 valentines!! She did such a good job though!Not only did Jaden celebrate Valentine's day at school, but we also attended our friend Joey's annual party and exchanged notes and treats there, and we attended our preschool parents' group party too! Unfortunately, I didn't photograph the girls at either party--oops, sorry :)
Last night Scott and I went out to dinner and did some furniture store browsing as our Valentine's day date. I'm thoroughly enjoying browsing stores and websites for new little things we're going to need for our house! We aren't buying anything just yet, but I have two things chosen for sure and dozens of other things that we like. So while it may seem odd to some that we would spend the second half of our date at Arhaus, to us, it was exciting as we talked and planned out things for the new house. Speaking of new house, did you pick up on the fact that I posted Scott's rendering of it last Wednesday? Yup, that's what the new digs are going to look like :) I can't wait to start digging the hole and then framing the house. I'll keep you posted with photos along the way!
Back to Valentine's day though...
This morning we woke up early, I made Scott a turkey and cheese omelet and we gave Jaden and Sienna a few Valentine treats. Then we exchanged gifts with one another. Scott gave Jaden and Sienna each a little plant for their rooms and I gave them a bag filled with books, coloring books, a littlest pet shop figurine, their favorite snacks, etc. Sienna also got a little play horse to ride around on and we got Jaden a new leapster game. Scott gave me a new charm for my pandora bracelet, a bouquet of roses and tulips (tulips are my FAVORITE!!) and a free hour this afternoon to do whatever I wanted while he took the girls outside to play. I gave Scott a gift certificate to go to brew his own beer at a place near our house called the Brewkettle. Plus I already booked our reservation to go to brew for May 13th because they book up WAY in advance! Scott & I brewed 70 or so beers there a year ago and they're all gone now so time to make some more!!




This afternoon was Sienna's first time playing in the snow this year. When Scott offered to take them out for a whole hour I felt like I was given a little taste of heaven. He told me to watch whatever I wanted on TV (because I always am complaining that I don't get to watch my shows!) so I left the dirty kitchen alone and laid down to relax....ahhhh it was blissful! Of course before I could lie down I helped to get the girls geared up for their time in the snow...
They had fun with their Daddy and they actually built a snowman, but by the time I thought to take a photo of it, it was already dark outside. I'll take one tomorrow!!We invited Scott's dad over for dinner and I made pot roast, potatoes, carrots and salad. Then for dessert I copied directions from here to make little petit fours! They were SO easy and looked really cute, but fondant is really not tasty :-( I tried a teeny bite, but everyone else ignored the play-doh consistency of fondant and ate an entire little cake each! I might try to make my own marshmallow fondant sometime to do these again and maybe they will taste a little better. They sure were cute though!

So our Valentine's day was just perfect. I hope that each of you had a great one too! Enjoy a "love"ly evening everyone!


Comments