Roller Coaster Ride
As I was recovering from my brain injury
(Or stroke--it's unclear) I was told I would never be able to ride a roller coaster again. Later I was told that after further research I should not ride anything that spins. I was devastated. I loved the rides before and I could not imagine life with waiting for my family riding while I could not. Especially since we are so close to Cedar point, the roller coast. Our family gets season passes there every single summer and I could not imagine buying a season pass for me without being able to ride most everything.
While on vacation at Disney World, I decided, after talking to many nurses and therapists, that I would test my limits. If I got dizzy at all I would no longer ride anything that I was not supposed to. Slowly as I've rode rides that I didn't have issues with I was more adventurous. I've ridden Aladdin's flying carpets, Big Thunder Mountain and Test Track. Then on the last day at the final hour at Disney we had fast passes to Everest. After checking with a close friend and nurse practitioner as well as my therapist, I gave it a shot. Their exclamations to give it a shot made me a little less nervous but I was still nervous!
No turning back...
SUCCESS! I did it! And I wasn't dizzy at all! My walking and talking afterwards was fine and I almost cried with happiness. I don't care if I cannot ride all the rides at Cedar point this summer, this has given me hope. I'm so excited :)




Comments