My Day Overfloweth!
Today was so full and very meaningful!
All three of my girls wore skirts and were so cute! Anna drove us all to the mall where my cousin got a manicure (she's stayed with us 40 days and has been such a big help!) while we looked around and had pretzels.
I saw this quote and both with and without the last line it is so meaningful to me! I'm excited to put my mom hat on more and more these days, and to be the mom I used to be again soon!
Then my friend Abbey and her 3 kids came to visit. It's SO hard to believe how big the kids are getting. She has a teenager!! Little known fact: Abbey and I were in the same sorority at the same school a few years apart! No wonder she was one of my best friends and I was always so excited to hang out before she moved across Ohio!
Abbey and her kids brought cupcakes and flowers to me when they came. Such sweet gestures and even though both were unnecessary, I loved them :)
After swimming for awhile with all the kids, Sienna slipped and fell on the pool deck and had to get eight stitches!! 8!! Poor girl wasn't even running! It is so slippery by the lake house pool. Thank goodness Abbey was here to help. We had to find an ER, get her there, etc. Not an easy feat with us, them, my sitter Anna and my cousin! My cousin stayed home with some of my children while we went and the ER was so fast, so thankful yet again!
Since my accident, just over 5 months ago, I was never left without an adult. Well after the ER incident, I was home alone with Bristol for 30-45 minutes. While I realize I need help a lot (especially in the kitchen!), it was so nice. It really felt like last fall and winter when Jaden was
in 2nd grade, Sienna went to kindergarten full time, and just B and I were home. We both loved the time together; hopefully it will start to happen more often. All contingent on my healing! Don't get me wrong--I'm SO thankful for all the help we've received!! It's just nice to be THEIR mom again :)
My long day still isn't over yet! The night is young, although today has been jam-packed! Just how it used to be :)







Comments