Weight Loss Wednesday
I've not only been slacking in my weekly weight loss posts, but also on all things regarding weight loss recently. The childcare room at my gym is PACKED since it's summertime and the kids are all out of school, so I decided it wasn't the best place for a newborn baby to hang out. Thus, my workouts have been more sporadic :-(
I had it all planned out that starting this past Monday I'd get a 45-minute outdoor workout in by pushing Bristol and Sienna in the Bob stroller while Jaden was at her swimming lesson (parent's aren't allowed in the pool area during her level's lessons). However, the weather had a different plan in mind for me! There is no way I can subject myself, let alone my babies, to the 90-degree heat we've been experiencing at 10am each day. I'm hoping that next week will be better and I can get some powerwalking / light jogging / lunges in.
I did have a major break through after talking with my good friend Kristin at the lakehouse during our stay there. Prior to Kristin meeting me at the house for an overnight stay my brother-in-law Ryan had been giving me a hard time about the diet soda I drink. I'll admit, in recent months it had become a very bad habit, okay addiction. I was relying on the caffeine, the sweet taste in my mouth and just in general always having a drink in hand too much. I shared Ryan's thoughts with my friend Kristin and she reminded me that after our cruise last April, where Scott and I did not purchase a soda pass (and therefore didn't drink much pop at all), I'd told her my stomach felt really flat. I had mentioned I thought it had something to do with not having my diet cokes throughout the day.
SO, with Kristin's encouragement and inspiration, I decided to challenge myself to 7 days without any sugar or artificial sweetners. And I DID it. Tonight I officially hit 168 hours of sticking to plan. I even made it through a Jimmy Buffet concert last night AND a day at the amusement park Cedar Point with my only "cheat" all week being a couple of fortune cookies.
I could go into many boring details about how I almost broke down and ate a piece of candy while feeling extremely weak and hungry at the grocery store yesterday, or the numerous times when I felt like the cans of pop in my garage were taunting me and calling out to me for just one sip, or how last night I would've done anything for something chocolatey after the concert....but instead I just want to focus on the following....
#1: I DID IT!
#2: I'm going to CONTINUE IT!!!!!
#3: I LOST 10 (that's T-E-N people!) POUNDS!!!
#4: Even though I would need to lose 19 more lbs to get down to where I was exactly one year ago, my stomach this morning looked almost as flat as it's ever looked since having children. (Now about those thighs...haha!)
I am not stupid, I know that quick weight loss includes water weight, and can easily pack back on if I don't watch. I also know that it won't continue at this rate, and I'm totally fine with that. I'd like to lose about 25 more lbs by 1/1/2012. That's 5 lbs a month--totally do-able!
I also know that as someone who likes to have treats now and again, I'm going to have to incorporate some "cheats" in order to not burn out. Between now and September I'd like to stay pretty strict, except for on my birthday coming up (um, hello! haha!). Beyond mid-September I'm going to allow 1-2 "cheats" per week so that my body can adjust to having some sweet things, but not nearly the amount of what it previously was having. I'd like to make these changes into habits and make the treats just that--a treat. I know that I can do it because I've gotten through the toughest 7 days of all :)
Happy Wednesday everyone!
I had it all planned out that starting this past Monday I'd get a 45-minute outdoor workout in by pushing Bristol and Sienna in the Bob stroller while Jaden was at her swimming lesson (parent's aren't allowed in the pool area during her level's lessons). However, the weather had a different plan in mind for me! There is no way I can subject myself, let alone my babies, to the 90-degree heat we've been experiencing at 10am each day. I'm hoping that next week will be better and I can get some powerwalking / light jogging / lunges in.
I did have a major break through after talking with my good friend Kristin at the lakehouse during our stay there. Prior to Kristin meeting me at the house for an overnight stay my brother-in-law Ryan had been giving me a hard time about the diet soda I drink. I'll admit, in recent months it had become a very bad habit, okay addiction. I was relying on the caffeine, the sweet taste in my mouth and just in general always having a drink in hand too much. I shared Ryan's thoughts with my friend Kristin and she reminded me that after our cruise last April, where Scott and I did not purchase a soda pass (and therefore didn't drink much pop at all), I'd told her my stomach felt really flat. I had mentioned I thought it had something to do with not having my diet cokes throughout the day.
SO, with Kristin's encouragement and inspiration, I decided to challenge myself to 7 days without any sugar or artificial sweetners. And I DID it. Tonight I officially hit 168 hours of sticking to plan. I even made it through a Jimmy Buffet concert last night AND a day at the amusement park Cedar Point with my only "cheat" all week being a couple of fortune cookies.
I could go into many boring details about how I almost broke down and ate a piece of candy while feeling extremely weak and hungry at the grocery store yesterday, or the numerous times when I felt like the cans of pop in my garage were taunting me and calling out to me for just one sip, or how last night I would've done anything for something chocolatey after the concert....but instead I just want to focus on the following....
#1: I DID IT!
#2: I'm going to CONTINUE IT!!!!!
#3: I LOST 10 (that's T-E-N people!) POUNDS!!!
#4: Even though I would need to lose 19 more lbs to get down to where I was exactly one year ago, my stomach this morning looked almost as flat as it's ever looked since having children. (Now about those thighs...haha!)
I am not stupid, I know that quick weight loss includes water weight, and can easily pack back on if I don't watch. I also know that it won't continue at this rate, and I'm totally fine with that. I'd like to lose about 25 more lbs by 1/1/2012. That's 5 lbs a month--totally do-able!
I also know that as someone who likes to have treats now and again, I'm going to have to incorporate some "cheats" in order to not burn out. Between now and September I'd like to stay pretty strict, except for on my birthday coming up (um, hello! haha!). Beyond mid-September I'm going to allow 1-2 "cheats" per week so that my body can adjust to having some sweet things, but not nearly the amount of what it previously was having. I'd like to make these changes into habits and make the treats just that--a treat. I know that I can do it because I've gotten through the toughest 7 days of all :)
Happy Wednesday everyone!


Comments